Jun 16 2011

How to get an Indonesian visa in Singapore

Published by at 9:14 pm under Visas

Whether you plan to grab one of the budget flights to Bali or attempt the overseas route to Java, Singapore is an obvious launching point for travel to the islands of Indonesia.

Welcome to Indonesia!

Most visitors (including citizens of USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, China, and India) are eligible for an Indonesian visa on arrival. This visa costs US$25 allows for a stay of 30 days — you may be asked to show proof of an onward flight out of Indonesia (though in practice this rarely happens).

If you’re not eligible for the visa on arrival or in need of a different type of visa, you can apply at the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia in Singapore.

A single-entry visit visa (for tourism, business, or social visits) takes two days to process and cost S$65 (cash only).  You will need a completed application form (download it here), one passport-sized photo, your original passport with at least 6 months remaining validity, and a return ticket (for a tourist visa) or a letter of invitation (for a business or social visa).

It’s also possible to obtain a working visa or multiple-entry visa (i.e. for long-term volunteer work or family visits), but you’ll need an approval letter from Indonesia’s immigration head office first – this requires a personal visit to Jakarta! More information can be found on the embassy’s website.

Visa application hours are from 09:00 to 12:00 and collection hours from 15:00 to 17:00, Monday to Friday. The embassy is closed on weekends and both Singaporean and Indonesian public holidays.

The embassy is located at 7 Chatsworth Road, about a 15-minute walk from Orchard MRT. The embassy can be contacted by calling (65) 6737 7422 during office hours or completing the form on their website.

Tags: , ,

45 Responses to “How to get an Indonesian visa in Singapore”

1. estheron 29 Jun 2011 at 10:26 am

I am holding China passport, and singapore PR, we like to visit indonesia, so can you help us to aplly the visa? how to apply? how much?
    Do let me know.
    Thanks
    Esther

2. Tanyaon 29 Jun 2011 at 10:52 am

Esther — did you read the article? All your questions are answered in it!

We cannot help you apply for the visa, but all the information you need to apply for it yourself is in the post.

You are eligible for a 30 day visa on arrival when you arrive in Indonesia. It costs $25 USD or the equivalent in local currency.

If you want to apply directly to the Indonesian Embassy the cost is $65 SGD and the office is near Orchard Road.

3. anonymouson 06 Jul 2011 at 9:52 pm

I am travelling to singapore on tourist visa and I am an Indian passport holder.

I am also having malaysia tourist visa. I want to go malaysia from singapore and come back to singapore . Then I want to visit indonesia – on arrival visa and then again come back to singapore.

Can I do that ?

4. Tanyaon 06 Jul 2011 at 11:59 pm

Is your Singapore tourist visa valid for multiple entries? It usually says if it’s single entry or multiple entry on the visa.

5. anonymouson 07 Jul 2011 at 7:42 am

Yes.. it is valid for multiple entries .. 30 days !!

6. Ansaron 25 Jul 2011 at 2:00 pm

I am Ansar ,Indian passport visiting Singapore with Multiple Entry visa for 30days.
    When i visit singapore,can i go to Batam,Indonesia and enter singapore again?
    If so, can i return back to singapore within 2 days from batam?

7. Tanyaon 25 Jul 2011 at 11:05 pm

If your visa is valid, you can re-enter Singapore.

Batam Island is very close and many people visit for only a few hours before returning to Singapore. If you have a valid Singapore visa, you can re-enter Singapore from Indonesia.

8. Hinaon 07 Dec 2011 at 2:02 pm

Hi!

I have a Pakistani passport but currently residing in Singapore on a dependent pass. My husband and I would like to travel to Indonesia for tourism purposes. Please let me know if the ‘visa on arrival’ is applicable to us. In case it is not, what is the process to apply for an Indonesian visa?

Would appreciate a prompt reply soon. Thank you!

9. Tanyaon 07 Dec 2011 at 2:22 pm

Hi Hina,

I’m pretty sure you and your husband need to apply in advance for a tourist visa. Call the Indonesian Embassy in Singapore at (65) 6737 7422 to confirm. You can download the visa application form on their website, fill it out, attach a photo, then take it to the embassy.

10. Tiongon 18 Feb 2012 at 11:24 am

My wife is currently working in singapore and she a PRC.
    I like to check how to apply VISA for her, if I wanted to bring her to Batam for a tour.

11. karthikon 13 May 2012 at 10:56 pm

I am an Indian passport holder, we plan to travel from India to Singapore by flight and then take a ferry to Batam – Indonesia and vice versa. Do we need a visa from the Singapore airport to the seaport / harbour ?

12. Tanyaon 13 May 2012 at 11:30 pm

Hi Karthik – Yes, Indian passport holders require a visa to enter Singapore, even if you’re just transiting to the seaport to go to Indonesia.

13. Aliyaon 15 May 2012 at 6:18 pm

I am an expart (EP) in Singapore, the holder of the Kazakhstan passport. I guess I need to apply for the tourist visit in advance directly to the Indonasian embassy here in Singapore, right? Does my EP status card makes any advantages to get the visa upon the arrival (Bali)? Or it dioes not matter, and I shall arrenge my visa on the regular basis…

Thanks in advance for your kind reply.

14. Tanyaon 16 May 2012 at 1:22 pm

Aliya – I don’t think the EP pass gives you any advantage, and that you will still need to apply for a visa in advance at the Embassy. Maybe you should call them to confirm?

15. Chrison 05 Jun 2012 at 4:57 pm

The embassy’s website isn’t accessible. Any change in the address?

16. Tanya Procyshynon 06 Jun 2012 at 11:55 am

Hi Chris – it looks like the embassy’s website has been hacked (it’s redirecting to an online gambling website!). Check back in a few days or, if it’s urgent, call them.

17. Bondoroyoton 11 Jun 2012 at 8:45 pm

Hi Everyone – here is the new URL of Indonesian Embassy in S’pore:

18. Tanya Procyshynon 11 Jun 2012 at 8:54 pm

Thanks Bondoroyot – I updated the links to the Embassy Website in the blog post.

19. george thomason 14 Jun 2012 at 9:44 pm

i am staying in indonesia and having a visit visa. I need to go to singapore for a programme for 5 days in july 2012. I already applied for kitas in indonesia. It will take 1 month for processing and i will get only in august 2012. Is it possible for me to go singapore and come back to indonesia in july? should i need a re-entry permit? how to get a re-entry permit from singapore to indonesia?

20. Sumonon 29 Jun 2012 at 12:20 am

hi….I am a Bangladeshi passport holder and will visit singapore next month. from their i also like to visit indonesia. please advise if i get indonesian visa on arrival.

21. Niazon 10 Jul 2012 at 12:32 pm

Visa on arrival for Bangladesh passport is not available in Indonesia, better if you get Indonesia visa from Dhaka. In fact the Indonesian embassy in Singapore was not issuing any visa to Bangladesh nationals last year. Not sure if things have changed lately.

22. mikeon 31 Jul 2012 at 10:03 am

do i need en sponsorletter for the indonesian visa if i apply it in singapore?
    because in cambodia they don’t give me the visa without this sponsorletter.

23. mikeon 31 Jul 2012 at 10:04 am

sorry i forget to say i have a croatian passport

24. barbion 31 Jul 2012 at 10:30 am

hi i am from switzerland
    can i have an visa on arrival?

25. antoineon 12 Aug 2012 at 11:14 am

Hi. My return ticket is in december in 4 months. will they accept it for my 2 months visa apllication ?

26. shamaduron 15 Oct 2012 at 10:46 pm

hi, im from bangladesh, s pass holder. i have malaysia and thiland visit visa. i wanna go indonesia also. how can i get visa?

27. Reginaon 08 Nov 2012 at 11:19 am

We are bringing our Indonesian domestic worker to hatyai, Thailand for a 3 days holidays in November. Does she need to apply for a visa?

28. Bondoroyoton 15 Nov 2012 at 5:59 pm

@Regina, as far as I know, all ASEAN residents not need VISA when they visit other ASEAN country. As your domestic helper is Indonesian, she does not request Thailand Visa.

29. Priyaon 21 Nov 2012 at 10:51 am

Hi im an Indian citizen holding Employment pass in Singapore. My Employment pass expires on Dec 14 2012. I’m planning to visit Indonesia for 2 days before my pass expires. My passport expires on feb 24 2020. Does my Employment pass has anything to do with the on arriaval visa to Indonesia? Please reply soon.

30. jennion 15 Dec 2012 at 11:13 pm

Hi, my friend is from china and currently studying in singapore so she is holding on to the singapore student pass.. and she would like to go Batam and karimun , Indonesia. So does she has to apply any visa card ? Is it possible for her to get the visa directly upon arriving indonesia ? Please reply asap. Thannkyou so much

31. aishahon 17 Dec 2012 at 9:59 am

Hi. i am a singaporean and i am going on a business visit to Batam. Do i need to apply for visa on arrival?

32. Samantha Brownon 17 Dec 2012 at 2:29 pm

Hi Jenni — you would need to check with the relevant embassy directly.

33. Samantha Brownon 17 Dec 2012 at 2:30 pm

Hi Aishah, apologies but we can’t offer individual advice, you’d need to check with the embassy to confirm what your exact circumstances are.

34. Paulon 27 Dec 2012 at 3:25 pm

Just FYI. If you are eligible for VoA and staying 7 days or less you can purchase VoA for $10 USD. This has been in place since July 2011 but no mention of it on the Indonesian Embassy web-site. Strange that…

35. adminon 27 Dec 2012 at 7:34 pm

HI Paul,

The 7-day visa-on-arrival is no longer available – my understanding is it was canned in early 2010 to reduce graft leaving only the 30-day $25 one. Have you been issued one more recently? If so at which arrival point?

Thanks!

36. Paulon 28 Dec 2012 at 9:03 am

I hope it’s available as I’m travelling from Tanah Merah to Bintan on Sunday with my family of 5 so it makes a big price differrence!
    Check out the Bintan Resort Ferries site https://www.brf.com.sg/phpsite/?page_id=219

“The Indonesian Government has announced that with effect from 1 July 2011, all travellers visiting
    Bintan, Batam, or Karimun from the list of countries which are eligible for Visa-On-Arrival (VOA)
    facility will be able to purchase a 7-day VOA chargeable at US$10 per person”

The Visa information on the Indonesian Embassy of Singapore website hasn’t been updated for nearly 2 years, since Jan 2011!

37. rakibon 02 Jan 2013 at 9:58 pm

I am bangladeshi passport holder. Work in singapore, can I get visa for visit indonesia? If can with my passport anything need to attach?

38. Md Din Islamon 17 Jan 2013 at 9:30 am

I’m from Bangladeshi worker currently working in Singapore past 6 years I’m having s-pass. I wanna want to indonesia Bali for tourise. May I know what are the documents require for applying Visa?

Regards
    Islam

39. Tanya Procyshynon 17 Jan 2013 at 10:20 am

Islam: You should contact the Embassy if you have a specific question.

40. mostafaon 16 Feb 2013 at 6:10 pm

hi i’m bangladeshi passport holder. im want to visit indonesia for married my girlfriend.. may i know what are the documents require for married indonesia…

best regards
    mostafa

41. Sallyon 31 Mar 2013 at 2:25 pm

Hi, I am holding the Pakistani passport but I’ve moved to Indonesia now. Was living in Singapore fr the past 4 years, moved away in December 2012. I would like to know if I can come to Singapore and apply for visa to Indonesia? I’ve applied in Indonesia for student visa and I need to exit the country before entering legally as a student.
    Would appreciate an answer greatly

42. Tonyon 22 May 2013 at 9:01 pm

Hi

i am in india , is indonesian work permit from india is tedious procedure… ? suppose if some one applies for the same from INdonesian emabssy in singapore is it possible / feasible ? what is procedure for the same. would appreciate your suggestions.

43. Abu Mu'adzon 15 Nov 2013 at 3:51 pm

Hi, My family and I are all Singaporean. We would like to enter an Islamic school in Indoensia. How do we get a 365 days visa so that we do not have to travel back and forth every 30days? Thanks..

44. Samantha Brownon 21 Nov 2013 at 1:56 pm

Best to check with the Indonesian embassy in Singapore directly. Sorry but we focus on travellers and if you’re a student there may be other kinds of visas available!

45. Lidwin D'souzaon 05 Dec 2013 at 10:09 am

I am an India and have come to Malaysia on a visit visa (single entry).

I, now wish to visit Bali for 5 days and have booked a holiday package with Air Asia.

I need to get back to Malaysia, as all my lugguage is here and i stay with my son who is studying here.

Can i apply for visit visa to Malaysia from Bali? If so, how long will it take and where is the office in Kuta,Bali.

Kind regards,