Nov 14 2011

How to extend your Singapore visa online

Published by at 10:07 pm under Visas

Welcome to Singapore! Depending what country you’re from, tourists are issued a visa-on-arrival which is valid for 30 to 90 days. This is more than enough time to see the sights, but if you need to extend your visa it couldn’t be easier. In fact, you don’t even need to get up from the computer – visas can be extended online through the e-XTEND service.

Keep your visas in order or else risk the rattan cane!

Keep your visas in order or else risk the rattan cane!

Visitors with a short-term social visit pass (which describes 99.99% of tourists) can apply for an online extension if they meet the following conditions:
-    You haven’t already extended your visa;
-    Your current visa is valid for 2 days or longer (excluding Sundays and public holidays);
-    You’re not from a scary country (full list of acceptable countries here); and
-    When you do leave Singapore, you’ll stay out for at least five days.

OK. Now here’s where it may get a little tricky:
For an extension up to 30 days, you can apply as an individual.
For an extension more than 30 days, you will need a local sponsor. This person must be over 21 and either a Singapore citizen or permanent resident. In the case that you are extending a visa because you are sick, Singapore hospitals can act as your sponsor and extend the visa on your behalf.

Though having a sponsor doesn’t complicate the process too much, I’ll assume you’re applying by yourself. Here’s what to do:
-    Go to the e-XTEND website (to apply with a sponsor, they need to log in first);
-    Enter some basic information like your name, gender, date of birth, country of birth, passport details, the general purpose of your visit (social, family visit), and the DE number from your arrival card (that white paper they staple into your passport when you enter Singapore). If you have a local address and phone number you can enter these, too;
-    Submit the application; and
-    The results will be available the next working day after 17:00.  Check your status on the e-XTEND website by entering your passport and DE numbers.

If your application is successful, you need to make an online payment of S$40 to confirm the extension. It’s not necessary to print anything, but if it makes you feel more comfortable you can print the results and keep it in your passport.

If your application is unsuccessful, you can reapply in person at the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority office near Lavender MRT. You cannot reapply online.

Do note that overstaying your visa is a serious offence in Singapore and is punishable by imprisonment, a monetary fine, or a few lashes of the cane (as one unfortunate American discovered in 2010).  With the easy online extension service and the ability to travel to Johor Bahru, Malaysia, and back in a couple hours, there is no excuse for overstaying!

Tags: ,

162 Responses to “How to extend your Singapore visa online”

1. Szeyueton 26 Nov 2011 at 5:19 pm

Thanks for d info. I tried to gather the details from ica website but find it quite confusing for the requirement of local sponsor. I intend to extend my stay another 30days or less but not sure if a local sponsor is really not required as it’s stated as 1 of d conditions after i reached d extension for individual up to 30days page. I’ve asked my friend to be d local sponsor just in case but she needs to know in details what is required from her, which i have no clue.

It would be great help if u can just confirm than local sponsor is not required for individual extension less than 30 days for malaysian?

Many thanks!

2. Tanyaon 26 Nov 2011 at 9:54 pm

Hiya – no sponsor needed for 30 days or less. I’m not Malaysian, but used the service myself to extend my tourist visa and didn’t need a sponsor.

3. Chamon 16 Feb 2012 at 11:27 pm

When do you need to apply for 30days e-xtend, is it like a week or 10 days before the 1st 30 days end up?

4. Tanyaon 16 Feb 2012 at 11:56 pm

At least 2 business days before your current visa expires!

5. Ramon 26 Feb 2012 at 12:33 am

What is the procedure after extention? Do we need to cross the border ? or I can continue my stay in Singapore only?

Some where I read like ” you should not return to singapore with in 5 days” what does it mean ?

it would be a great helpful for me if you can address to this ASAP.

Thanks,
    Ram

6. Tanyaon 26 Feb 2012 at 12:35 am

If your visa extension is approved, you can stay in Singapore. You do not need to cross the border.

When the visa extension is over, you have to leave Singapore and remain outside of Singapore for at least 5 days. Then you can return to Singapore on a new tourist visa.

Hope that clarifies things.

7. Ramon 26 Feb 2012 at 12:44 am

Hi Tanya,

Thanks for the valuable info.
    Suppose If I dont go for extension , still that 5 days policy to stay outside singapore is applicable for the second visit??

Actually I have 6 months valid visa. So I think I need not go for fresh tourist visa again.

Thanks,
    Ram

8. Tanyaon 26 Feb 2012 at 12:46 am

The ‘stay out for 5 days’ rule only applies if you get the visa extension.

9. Ramon 26 Feb 2012 at 12:49 am

So what do u suggest me Tanya in my case. Do u want me to go for extension or go to Malaysia and come back. Actually my port of entry is Changi airport. So is it ok if I go by road or rail to Malaysia.

Thanks,
    Ram

10. Tanyaon 26 Feb 2012 at 12:52 am

It doesn’t matter if you enter/leave Singapore by road, rail or airplane – the visa rules are the same.

I don’t know enough information about your case to make a suggestion. I thought you said you have a 6 month tourist visa? Is it about to expire?

11. Ramon 26 Feb 2012 at 12:55 am

Sorry for not giving complete info.

Its not going to be expired soon. Its issued just one month back only. And its my first stay in Singapore. Visa validity is there for another 5 months. But I shouldn’t stay beyond 30 days during the present day.

Thanks,
    Ram

12. Ramon 26 Feb 2012 at 1:17 am

Sorry for not giving complete info. ( Means I missed the complete info in my previous query)

The details are as follows:

Thanks,
    Ram

13. Tanyaon 26 Feb 2012 at 1:20 am

I still don’t understand your situation. If you have a Singapore visa that is valid for 5 more months, why do you need to leave Singapore?

When you do need to leave Singapore it is very simple – just take the bus to Johor Bahru. You can even come back on the same day (as long as you don’t have the visa-extension).

14. Ramon 26 Feb 2012 at 1:33 am

VISA validity is different (it says with in this period u can travel to the country) and the duration given (how many times can stay) at the time of immigration in the port of the entry is different. Normally for SVP they will give either 14 days or 30 days. So in the same I was given 30 days.

Thanks,
    Ram

15. Tanyaon 26 Feb 2012 at 1:43 am

Did you have to apply for your visa before arriving in Singapore? I do not have much experience with this kind of visa for Singapore.

So, to clarify, your visa is valid for 6 months, but you can only stay in Singapore for maximum 30 days in a row?

You could take the bus or train to Malaysia, or a ferry to Indonesia (Bintan island).

16. Ramon 26 Feb 2012 at 2:13 am

Hi Tanya,

Thanks alot for your time and providing valuable info.

Yes correct in this visit I can stay max 30 days in Singapore.

One final query,

Suppose if I just go to Johor Bahru (Malaysia) is it fine? Do the Singapore immigration again give me 30 days stay. What if I try to come back on the same day?

Thanks,
    Ram

17. tanyaon 26 Feb 2012 at 1:11 pm

I’ve done that before (gone to Johor Bahru, returned to Singapore the same day) and received a new 30 day visa. That said, my visa type was different than yours.

You could try calling the Immigration Office to confirm?

18. Ashokon 02 Mar 2012 at 9:41 am

I applied for extension for 30 days through online in ICA website and the current status is showing as below.

“Your application for an extension of your visit pass is Approved.
    Please click here for new visit pass expiry date and to print the approval slip for reference.”

That means, I think my VISA extension got approved. and I need not pay any VISA fee right ?

Can some one please confirm the same by going through below pasted FAQ in ICA website as well.. and also can you clarify me bit in detail like who has to pay money.

Who needs to pay for applying extension online?
    A: If the application is approved, an In-Principle Approval notice will be sent to applicant who are required to make payment of a visa fee. Payment can be made by Mastercard/Visa/Visa Electron/AMEX, or Internet Banking with a valid Internet Banking account with Citibank, DBS/POSB or UOB. Once the Payment transaction is successfully completed, applicant will be notified of his/her application status.

Thanks in advance for your info.

— Ram

19. BIBINon 25 Apr 2012 at 12:22 pm

Hi Ashok,
    Don’t worry.Everything is Ok.Because you got the confirmation from ICA(“Your application for an extension of your visit pass is Approved.).

You need not pay any amount. It is for 89 days extension.

OK

20. Ashokon 26 Apr 2012 at 10:31 pm

Hi Bibin,

Thanks for your response. But the matter is two months old. I didn’t get 89 days extension. its only just 30 days extension.

Anyways thanks for your update.

Thanks,
    Ashok

21. godwinon 28 Apr 2012 at 11:08 am

hi i am godwin.and i want one info about my DE card.i am i am an indian and i visit to singapore.when i arrived in singapore in the immigration i gave my passport and my ticket.That is my first visit so they taken finger print.after that they notify one date in the de card i dont know why they didnt tell anything to me and then they permitted for one month. in the date they mention for 20 days.if any body knows please replay.

22. kittyon 02 May 2012 at 2:26 am

i tanya or anybody here,

Is it still possible for me to apply for a second on line extension request though i already applied for an extension on line before?
    Here’s my history:

I came in singapore last feb 12, 2012 and was stamped 30 days social visit pass that’s until march 12, 2012. i applied for an on line 30 days extension last march 8, 2012 and i was approved for another 30 days. so i was allowed to stay up to april 8, 2012. then last holy week, we went to batam indonesia if i’m not mistaken april 4, 2012 upon arrival to Singapore again on April 6, 2012 i was stamped for another 30 days, new embarkation card was issued. now, i’m thinking if can still apply an extension on line again considering i got another 30 days? or should i exit again? i’m just waiting for the approval of my pass.

Your help is badly needed.

thanks,

kitty

23. Tanyaon 02 May 2012 at 8:44 am

Hi Kitty – When you went to Indonesia then came back to Singapore, you were issued a new visa and embarkation card. So it should be possible to extend it online. You could also try calling the ICA to confirm.

24. cheon 07 May 2012 at 5:31 pm

hello..im che..my tourist visa will be expire soon and i want to extend it..please give some advice how do i process this..i have my two cousins here in singapore..one is a nurse and she have a s pass..and the one is domestic helper..please help me what i gonna do..thank you so much

25. Tanyaon 09 May 2012 at 11:55 am

Che – the instructions and a link to the e-Xtend website are in the blog post. It’s quite easy to get a 30 day extension on your tourist visa – just follow the instructions above.

26. aceon 12 May 2012 at 3:18 am

hi,

need help on my expiring visit pass, I came to Singapore as a tourist, I entered Singapore last 2010, have applied for an extension for another 30 days, and happened to get a job a few days after the extension has been approved. I have been working here for 2 years now. And I resigned just this April 2012. I was issued a visit pass for 30 days upon cancellation of my spass. On it was a new disembarkation number and some infos. Now its expiring this May 2012..I wanted to extend my stay until my pass gets through, my new employer had not finished the processing the of my spass. It has been submitted manually because the company is just a new one and starting up which meant longer processing.

My question would be…. Can I still extend my visit pass even though I had already applied for an extension a few years ago?

How long does a manually processed pass take to get approved?

Hopefully you can help me….Thanks!

27. Adion 12 May 2012 at 4:14 am

Hello Tanya, I am arriving into singapore on June 3 and my return flight is until July 28. If I get a 30 days visitor pass, do I have to wait some days and apply online for the extension?. Or there in immigration they can give extension inmediatly. is difficult to enter Singapore, what questions they do?

28. Tanyaon 12 May 2012 at 11:04 pm

Ace – I’ve never heard anything about past visa extensions meaning that you can’t use the online visa renewal now.

Adi – You have to wait. They won’t give you an immediate extension when you enter. I’ve never had the immigration officials ask me any questions – they just look at my passport.

29. cheon 13 May 2012 at 8:24 pm

hello..tanya..thank you for youre response..i ask you this question if it is easy for me to get the visa extension for this is my first time to apply for it..

30. Tanyaon 13 May 2012 at 10:20 pm

Che: It depends on each person, so I can’t comment on your case specifically. But if it was easy to get the tourist visa to enter Singapore, usually it will be very easy to get the extension. Go to the website and follow the instructions – you will know if you have the extension in 1 day.

31. marieon 14 May 2012 at 9:23 pm

Hi Tanya,

Good day! I would just like to ask something about e-Xtend site. I was processing a visa extension for my sister, went through the usual name and other info. I clicked Next and the second screen was confirmation, so I double checked on the details I entered. Upon confirming on the details, I clicked “Proceed” button. This just made the screen go back to the original where I am to choose what type of visa I am extending. There was no confirmation or whatsoever… now I am not sure if I need to re-process all over again or should I wait until after 5pm tomorrow (I processed the visa after 5pm – beyond office hours). thanks in advance for your help! God bless…

32. Tanyaon 15 May 2012 at 12:57 pm

Hi Marie – what happens when you enter your passport number to check the status of your visa extension? If it doesn’t find anything, I would think your application didn’t get submitted and would re-try.

33. cheon 15 May 2012 at 1:47 pm

hello tanya..the immigrant approved my visa extension..but the problem is i cannot make a payment but my cousins have a nets posb debit card..but everytime i go for my payment it was error..what i gonna do now..please help..thank you

34. tanyaon 15 May 2012 at 2:21 pm

Che – I don’t know. That seems like the kind of problem you should call the Immigration office about. Maybe you can go there in person and pay.

35. Adion 16 May 2012 at 7:04 am

Hi Tanya, thanks for your answers! I have another question…( I will be in Singapore and I will apply for a extension in order to stay there for 60 days) … may I have a problem with immigration if I go to other countries as a turist and return to Singapore on several occasions. I wanna take advantage that I am there to travel around on weekends.

36. marieon 16 May 2012 at 9:56 am

Hi Tanya, thanks so much! I I also think it did not get actually finish the transaction. Thanks again! :)

37. Tanyaon 16 May 2012 at 1:18 pm

Adi – Do you qualify for the 30-day visitor pass? If you leave Singapore before the 30 days to visit another country, when you come back to Singapore you get a new 30-day pass.

marie – No problem. Hope it works out!

38. bennon 17 May 2012 at 10:06 pm

Hi Tanya,

just to inquire, our 30day visit pass will expire on (may 19) we’re here in Singapore together with my son and my mother in-law last april 20 to spend quality time with my husband (he works here in SG). We are scheduled to go back to the Philippines on May 28 but we did not apply for extension since we have a scheduled tour also in Genting/KL (3d/2N) from May 18-20. Will the immigration give us another 30days if we’ll come back on Sunday – 20th May?

Thank you!

39. Adion 18 May 2012 at 6:13 am

Thanks Tanya. I’m Mexican, I have understood that I will be permit to be on singapore for 30 days, but I will arrive on June and my return flight is after 60 days … then I assumed I could apply for an extension or leave the country and go back … how long do I have to be out and go back? or what do you recommend? I will take with me an address in Singapore and the names of friends that I know there….

40. PPon 18 May 2012 at 7:03 am

Need your help urgently My father came to SINGAPORE on 3rd march and he has the multiple entry VISA until April 3rd.We did apply for e- extension of stay and he got 89days + another 30daysextension.means he got Extension till 30june(But his visa is valid till april 2nd )Also he has the retun ticket to India on 29th June.(indian passport).
    Now the issue he is going to Bangkok on 25th may for 3 days visit return to singapore on 28th May. When he returns , what will happen to his extension?since his visa is expired ,is he allowEd inside the country? Or should we Pply visa.before going to Bangkok?
    Since his ticket to india on. 29th May I am hoping to get VISa till then.
    What is the chances?Anybody can advice please?

41. cheon 19 May 2012 at 10:28 pm

hello tanya..what does immigrtion need for exit to malaysia..?

42. Tanya Procyshynon 19 May 2012 at 11:08 pm

Adi – You get a new 30 day visa when you re-enter Singapore. It doesn’t matter how long you leave Singapore for – even taking the bus to Malaysia and spending a couple hours there is enough.

Che – I don’t understand your question.

43. Tanya Procyshynon 19 May 2012 at 11:09 pm

benn – If you qualify for a 30 day visit pass to Singapore, you will get a new one when you re-enter Singapore after your tour to Malaysia.

44. Tanya Procyshynon 19 May 2012 at 11:12 pm

PP – That’s a complicated situation. Usually, leaving the country will end the visa extension and then you get a new visa when you re-enter. But if he is a citizen of India, he needs to apply for the visa in advance. Because you situation is so complicated, I think you could call Immigration to get an accurate answer.

45. cheon 20 May 2012 at 12:05 am

sorry..what i mean if i will be going to malaysia because im here in singapore what are the requirements needed in immgration malaysia

46. Tanya Procyshynon 22 May 2012 at 9:16 am

che – It depends on your citizenship. Most people can stay for 30-90 days without having to arrange a visa in advance.

You can find info for all countries on the official Malaysia government website – http://www.kln.gov.my/web/guest/requirement-for-foreigner

47. Hussainon 25 May 2012 at 5:24 pm

Hi Tanya,

My mother came to Singapore from Pakistan on 31st March, she had 30 days social visa, that means she can stay here will 30th April. I applied for her online visa extension and got 30 days extension, now she can stay here till 30th May.

Now I have two questions:

1. As my wife has delivered a baby and I want my mothert to stay for one more month, I have a doctor letter for ICA which says that as my wife needs some assistance so please extend my mother visa for one more month. Will this be considered as a genuine reason for second time extension? Will ICA accept this reason for further 30 days extension?

2. I am planning to visit ICA on 28th May for her extension is this the right time or should I go early?

48. Hussainon 25 May 2012 at 5:29 pm

Hi Tanya,

Sorry I missed out one more question.

If I take my mom to Johar baru and we return back to Singapore on the same day , from where do I get the Singapore entry visa for my mom? I mean do I need to go to Singapore embassy in Johar baru or will I get my mom visa on the bus terminal?

I am not sure how and where to get the new visa for my mom?

49. bidhanon 16 Jun 2012 at 1:26 pm

i am bidhan.i am a bangladeshi boy.i got a performing artiste visa for 6 month.but i want to live singapore for a long time.so pls give me a idea how can i extend my visa

50. Yeechuinon 18 Jun 2012 at 4:53 am

Hi Tanya,
    I’m a Malaysian , been in Singapore with my social visit pass for nearly 2 months, I had tried once for the extension of 30 days thru E-XTEND, but it was rejected.
    DO u have any ideas of how long should I stay out from SINGAPORE before I can come in again ?

51. Chanaon 18 Jun 2012 at 10:17 pm

Dear Tanya,

My mother was here in 90days visit pass(2 times extended for 30days). But still she need to be here to take care of my newborn kids.

My question

1. If she goes to malaysia before expire of her 90days pass (say at 80th day) and come back to singapore after two days that is before expire of her visa, will the immigration give another 30 days when enter into singapore (so that it will be 120 days in total). Since its new DE card is she still eligible to exted her visa further?

2. Can I apply for another visit pass when she is already in singapore, so that if she leave singapore after her pass expiry she can come back to singapore immediatly?

Thanks in advance.

52. Michael s.on 19 Jun 2012 at 1:25 pm

Dear Tanya,

Im an S PASS Holder and My wife’s work permit just cancelled and we are going to KL on june 20, 2012 one way trip for holidays. After 5 days, we will coming back here in singapore. Im concern if my wife is allowed to enter singapore?
    Please help me. Thank you very much.

53. shanon 19 Jun 2012 at 10:08 pm

i am from phillipines and my visit pass will expire this first week of july. i went to malaysia for 3days for the weekend last week. and i wanted to extend my stay here in singapore. my friend told me that in my case, i cannot apply for an extension because i went to malaysia. is it true? pls i need reply. all i wanted is to stay longer with my boyfriend.

54. Tanya Procyshynon 19 Jun 2012 at 11:46 pm

Yeechuin – the stated time to remain out of Singapore after applying for e-xtend is 2 days. But you weren’t granted the extension, so I don’t know if that affects this rule.

Chana – I have no idea. This is a complicated situation, so best to call immigration.

Michael S – What is your wife’s citizenship? Maybe she can enter on a tourist visa.

Shan – I don’t think going to Malaysia affects your ability to extend your visa. I’ve never heard this before.

55. shanon 20 Jun 2012 at 4:21 pm

oh. thank you so much. is it complicated to get an extension?

56. Tri Huynhon 21 Jun 2012 at 4:10 am

Hi Tanya,
    Im now working and holding the Training Work Permit Pass until 9th Aug. I acknowledge that the MOM only give me 7 days to stay in Sg after that. So it means I will have to leave Sg on 16th Aug.
    So far I have some plans to do for my staying in Sg but 7 days seem not enough for me! that is why I would love to extend my Visit Pass for longer!
    So in your opinion, I will be able to apply for the extension as your info above or not? If not, any advise can help me out to stay then?
    Thanks so much and hope to hear from you soon.

57. ysion 21 Jun 2012 at 3:29 pm

hi everyone…i just went to the ica and they just give me 3days extension. i already overstayed here for 5 days coz i overlooked my passport and thought my friend and i have the same situation that i can stay 60 days…but then they just give me 30 days… is it possible to exit in malaysia and come back here again?

58. Austinon 23 Jun 2012 at 6:14 am

Dear All,

I need advice from every one,my brother is part time study in Singapore (Poly student) ,he don’t have stay in Singapore after 12/July/2012.He have to study until 17/Aug/2012 for completed the full certificate.We already extend the social visa on 12/Jun/2012.Please advice me,how to extend for another 30days to completed the certificate.
    Hope to hear from you soon.

59. Bearon 27 Jun 2012 at 7:32 am

Hi. I need some help and advice. My visa will end on the first week of July. I wanted to extend it again by going back to Malaysia again like what I did last three weeks ago. Is it a right choice? Is it possible that the immigration will stop be to pass the border this time? I will just gonna pretend to buy something and go back after how many hours or one day maybe. Last time I cross the border I stayed only 2days and come here in singapore. Please extend some advice. Thank you

60. Bbon 01 Jul 2012 at 7:59 pm

Dear Tanya. I went to Malaysia for one night and tried to went back to singapore early morning and then the immigration stop me. They let me enter Singapore again but they didn’t give me 30days to stay. Instead, the only give me 6days. I apply in online for extension but it doesn’t work. How can I still extend my pass? Pls I need your reply urgently. Pls

61. Tanya Procyshynon 01 Jul 2012 at 8:06 pm

Bb – It sounds like they do not believe you are visiting in Singapore as a tourist. You need to go to the immigration office and explain why you want to stay in Singapore. If you are visiting family or looking for a job, there are different visa types for that.

62. Bbon 02 Jul 2012 at 1:11 am

Yeah. They put SP on my stamp and a date that I’m supposed to stay and the flight number. Is it possible to still apply personally? I really wanted to stay longer even for 30 days. Is it still possible to reapply? I think they will not ask for sponsor or whatsoever. Pls give me some piece of advice miss Tanya. :( I’m not with any family or relatives. And not looking for job also. Just want to stay longer for my bf.

63. Tanya Procyshynon 02 Jul 2012 at 9:36 am

Bb – I don’t know what “SP” on your stamp means. I am not a visa expert. If they are rejecting your online application, you can try phoning or visiting the ICA Office near Lavender MRT and explaining your situation. Maybe you can get your boyfriend to sponsor your stay in Singapore.

64. Bbon 02 Jul 2012 at 11:26 am

sp means special pass. it says i should not stay on singapore more than the day they put on the passport. he is not a singaporian. he only works here. i want to stay for 30 days or less only. they still want to see local sponsor for that? i thought they will look for sponsor if im applying for a long term xtension. i hope they will consider me though.

65. Bbon 02 Jul 2012 at 1:25 pm

The response on my online application says “there’s no extension will be given from ica” so I think I need tomgo to India. But how many days should I stay there so that I can go back again to singapore? I’m loving this place. Pls help

66. Tanya Procyshynon 02 Jul 2012 at 1:59 pm

Bb – You need to talk to someone at the ICA – they are the only ones who can give you a definite answer. Any advice other people give you will only be a guess.

67. Bbon 02 Jul 2012 at 4:18 pm

Because they really state that the ica will not give extension on the response in my online application. Maybe they really insist that I should go home. It’s really sad.

68. Linon 05 Jul 2012 at 5:24 pm

Hi Tanya,
    need your assistance. I have just extend 30days short term visa online, and its in-principal approve. My current will expire on Jul 14. Will this 30days extension starts from Jul 14? or starts from the day it is approved?
    If its starts from the day its approved, I guess I have applied too early. Can I withdraw this application, and apply again on Jul 11?
    Thanks in advance

69. Royon 06 Jul 2012 at 2:21 am

Hai,

How long does the malaysian tourist can stay in Singapore?
    I’m Malaysian been in Singapore with my social visit pass for nearly 2 month.
    I’m worry the immigration will stop me while I enter Singapore for the next time.
    How long should I stay out from Singapore before I can come in again?
    Do you have any advice?

70. Tanya Procyshynon 06 Jul 2012 at 4:11 pm

Lin – I think the extension starts from the day it is approved. I don’t know how to withdraw an application.

Roy – I don’t know. Officially, there is no limit to how many social visit passes you can use…. but if you keep staying in Singapore for the maximum time, leaving, and coming back right away they may be suspicious.

71. Shaon 06 Jul 2012 at 5:58 pm

Hi tanya,

my situation is, i went here in singapore last may 18, 2012. i tried the online application to extend my visa yet my application had been rejected.. so i went to the ICA with a local sponsor (a singaporean) last june 15, 2012 and my application was then approved and i was given the 30 day extension which will last on july 15, 2012. my problem is that the immigration officer written the word “Final” on my passport after approving my extension.. what could that really mean? will i no longer be able to extend my stay here in singapore? or is it still possible to extend it if i exit the country and go to Johor Bahru?

thank you for your time..

72. audreyon 07 Jul 2012 at 1:18 pm

hi Tanya!

I need to extend for 60 days more. I understand that for this you need a local sponsor (parents,siblings,child,parent in law or spouse). My father is a SC but is currently in Qatar, my mother is an SPR holder but is currently in the Philippines.

Can they still be a sponsor for my extension?

73. Teyon 09 Jul 2012 at 10:50 am

My fiancee (malaysian) came to visit me in Singapore. She staying in Singapore for about one months plus already. The problem now is when she back Msia last week and come back Singapore, the custom only granted 6 days visit duration. Can she apply the E-extend to 89 days?
    If the E-extend approved, during this 89 days extension period, can she go back to Msia and come back Singapore while the 89 days extension still valid?

74. Santhoshon 17 Jul 2012 at 6:18 pm

I am planning to bring my wife to Singapore on 8th Aug 2012 and her visa is valid until 20th Aug 2012. I am planning to e-xtend for 90 days with the help of my relative who is a PR here in Singapore. When should I apply for the extension? Around 13th or 14th Aug? After extending, can I go out of Singapore and come back within the validity of visa? For ex: if I get an extension upto 18th Nov 2012, can I go to Malaysia and come back to Singapore during this period or should I stay only in Singapore and cannot move out?

75. anitaon 01 Aug 2012 at 5:41 pm

hello,

I have use e-XTEND and got rejected, my visit pass will expire on 15 August..should I reapply to ICA? or just go to Johor Bahru?

If I reapply, do I need my local sponsor or not? (my local sponsor is my own sister) I’m staying in Sg ’cause I’m taking care of my mom that having surgery and shouldn’t fly off for a month..my mom e-XTEND approved but I’m not.. +_+

And will there be problem if I just going to JB in the morning and back to Sg in the evening? ’cause I read that at least we need to stay out from Sg for 5 days :( and did the visit pass still valid for 30 days? I also heard that they only extend the visit pass for 2 weeks or 3 days for going to JB and back to Sg..

76. Jeanon 06 Aug 2012 at 9:27 pm

I came here mid June and granted 1 month of stay and apply for an extension which is also granted but my visa extension is about to expire, if I exit to Malaysia and get back after 5 days will I get another 30 days extension?

77. Vanessaon 08 Aug 2012 at 10:34 pm

Hi Tanya,

Iam a Filino, I madean online extension of social visit pass for my 2 brothers, my other brother got approved but the other one got rejected. my question is:

1. For my brother who got approval from online extension, I missed the deadline of the payment so the online approval got withdrawned. is it possible to re-apply again an extension via online?

2. For my brother who got rejected, is it okay if he will take an exit to JB and return to SG inthe same day? This will be his 2nd exit to JB, as he arrived in SG from Philippines last June 29, then take an exit to JB last July 20, is there any problem will occur when he comes back to SG,this will be the last time as they missed the last flight going to Phil coz I am sick and no one will take care of my baby as my husband is working. They will go back in Phil after the last exit on Sept 13..?

Thank You.

78. pyoon 16 Aug 2012 at 3:04 pm

My wife is coming to singapore for visit just about 2 month,
    after she got 30 days, can i extend for her early first week or second week she
    entered singapore..when is good time for extentation..?

also can i extand so early 2 or 3 days ?

79. Annyon 29 Aug 2012 at 1:44 pm

Hi Tanya,

I’m Malaysia and I staying at Singapore nearly 2 month. I just submit my E-XTEND for 30days.
    Currently I taking part-time study course and looking job at Singapore. If let say the extension been approve. So have any effect when I apply for the WP/SP after I get my job?

If let say my E-XTEND rejected and my Visit Pass expiry on 9 Sep 2012. It is I need to go back Malaysia for 30days before enter to Singapore again?

Thanks in advance.

P/S: Please reply urgently.

80. Tanya Procyshynon 29 Aug 2012 at 3:23 pm

Hi Anny – Using E-Xtend shouldn’t affect your application for a WP/SP. If your extension is rejected you need to leave Singapore, but I don’t think you need to stay out for 30 days. Usually a few days is enough.

81. Hazelon 05 Sep 2012 at 2:05 pm

Hi Tanya,

We are Filipino Citizens and we don’t need Visa in entering SG.

We tried to extend our 30days social visit pass online yesterday. Unfortunately, both of us (me and my friend) got rejected though we are both eligible to apply for extension.
    It was our first time to apply for extension. can we apply in person at ICA center for appeal without sponsor? Do you have any tips for appeals at ICA center? or is it best to exit singapore for 5days in JB? Do we need return tickets upon entering SG again?
    we intend to extend for another 30days only.

BTW, your blog is very informative.

Thank you.

82. deniseon 11 Sep 2012 at 1:30 pm

Hi Tanya!

Thank you very much for your blog, you are helping a lot of us. It is very generous of you to spend time putting this up and answering our questions.

I do hope you can help me with this too:
    my sister in law already used up her initial 30 days, we exited to Malaysia and the immigration officer wrote there the date of her return flight (but below the stamp, it says there that she can stay for another 30 days)

so:
    1. is she automatically eligible for another 30 days or since the immigration officer specifically wrote a date there, she should leave Singapore on that date specified?

also, you mentioned above that if we have a local sponsor we can apply for 89 days extension so we can try online first and if declined we can all go to ICA personally. However, the ICA website said we can apply for extension considering we havent applied for an extension before.

2. Since my sister in law already exited and tried online, does that disqualify her in applying in person to ICA?

83. deniseon 11 Sep 2012 at 1:43 pm

obtw,

because it says in their website, can apply with local sponsor if you can prove that you are related or if youre seeking medical care. But if you dont meet both criteria then you should directly apply in person.

so can we still apply online even though the local sponsor is not directly related to my sister-in-law?

thanks a lot!

84. Leion 14 Sep 2012 at 9:38 pm

Hi! I would like to ask how often can a tourist from the philippines go back to SG for 1 month? I am planning to visit SG evry weekend for 1 month, fri-sun because i have i have work in the philippines during weekdays and can’t possibly extend my stay in SG even for a week… Will i be permitted a multiple visit to SG like this? Thanks…

85. Willon 16 Sep 2012 at 2:58 am

Hi Tanya,

Hope you’re doing fine. Thanks for the inputs.

I would want to know as to how many days should i stay out of singapore.

I had my initial visit pass extended online and soon to expire. I want to stay in Singapore for another month so I’m planning to go to JB. Do i really need to stay for 5 days in JB or one day is okay already, say, i’ll exit singapore in the morning and return to singapore in the evening? Also, how many days should i exit Singapore before my extended visa expires?

Thank you so much.

Best Regards,
    Fred

86. s.ganapathyon 16 Sep 2012 at 8:09 pm

my s pass cancelled again can i get job in singapore possiable

87. karenon 17 Sep 2012 at 1:08 pm

Hi

i just want to ask. what happened to me is that i came here last march and apply for extension visa until may 15. from may to july i got to manage to find a job but my pass was being cancelled because of quota problem. so what happened im continuing to find a job here in SG . last august i tried online extension but it was unsuccessful so i exit to JB for 3days then come back here.luckily i got 30days extension. now my days here are almost over but didn’t manage to get a new job and still waiting for the application news. so what my problem now since its september can i still do online extension following that i already tried e extention before?

88. JGUIRSon 18 Sep 2012 at 5:46 pm

Dear Tanya,

first of all, many thanks for sharing such helpful information.
    I am writing to you to seek some advice regarding the following situation:

I applied for an extension of my short term visit pass yesterday and got the response from the ICA today. Unfortunately the extension has been denied. No idea why, it is the first time a such thing happens to me.
    Now I would like to know what is the most reasonable thing to do considering that I cannot risk a new visit pass to be denied):

1 – go to Johor Bauru and come back on the same day, aiming to get a new pass and the additional 30 days, or

2 – leave Singapore and stay abroad for 6 days before I come back?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

89. Tanya Procyshynon 21 Sep 2012 at 12:24 pm

Hello,

I really can’t comment on specific cases. For complicated situations or if your extension has been denied, it’s best to call the ICA and get their expert advice.

90. ronaldon 26 Sep 2012 at 8:39 pm

Good evening tanya, I would like to ask if is possible to have an extension for my visit pass for the second time thru E-xtend?thank you very much.

91. marson 27 Sep 2012 at 3:22 pm

Hi miss Tanya,
    May I just ask if somebody who is not related to me, I mean not my relative, can still be my sponsor because Im planning to apply for an online extension. another thing is, If I am just going to apply for 30 days extension, do I need a sponsor?

Thanks a lot for the help, My first time to do apply for extension.

92. Youneson 01 Oct 2012 at 1:04 pm

I’m from Algeria and my wife is Singaporean Chinese, she is pregnant and her due date is on the 29th December 2012, i applied for Singapore visa this year march and it was valid for 1 month, then my wife were extending for me , because that time we were not married, since we marry in the 31st of July , we applied for long term visit pass plus, but until now appreciatively 2 months they haven’t reply , and they are just granting me 2 weeks social visit pass, then last week when they extended they said maybe its last and i have to leave the country , can i go to JB stay there for few days , then apply for visa and social visit pass again, or i must go to my country again and come back

PS: last time i cam to KL then i applied for Singapore visa from JB, so if i leave , i have to go back to JB

once i’m there will i be able to reapply for entry visa again?

93. dianeon 05 Oct 2012 at 5:10 pm

Hi Tanya,
    My online application for extension had been rejected (no clue of t he reason) and I am thinking to visit ICA to reapply.
    But at that time I am wandering what the reason I should say. True reason is I like to work in Singapore at least for a short period and want to look for job opportunities.
    Can you kindly say whether it is wise to tell it directly as the reason

Diane

94. Winon 05 Oct 2012 at 11:55 pm

Hello Tanya,
    I am a Myanmar citizen who needs visa to come into Singapore. I came to Singapore in March, got my visit pass extend, got spass card and now as I quit my job, I am on social visit pass again. Now, my social visit pass is nearly expire. So, my questions are that
    (1) Can I re-extend my social visit pass this time?
    (2) If I stay out from Singapore for 6 days in Ba-tam, do I need to apply for re-entry visa again before I go out?

As my visit pass is near to be over, could you kindly answer my questions please??

Thanks in advance,
    Win

95. Crison 15 Nov 2012 at 12:09 pm

Hi would like to ask I have been here in SG for quite sometime. Almost 3 months. I have used online extend after my first month. Then have also exit to malaysia and been extended for another month. Is it possible to apply online extend again?

Thank you.

96. Americanoon 18 Nov 2012 at 12:32 am

I entered Singapore on my US passport – which allows me to stay for up to 90 days without a visa. Currently, I’ve got about 2 weeks left before that period is up.

Will going to Johore Bahru & returning a few hours later, automatically give me another 90 days stay without needing a visa after I get back into Singapore?

Thanks!

97. Raphon 22 Nov 2012 at 11:52 pm

I’ve been rejected for the online e-xtend (only have 30 day visit pass) should I go to Johor and return or do I have to wait 5 days?

PLEASE HELP

Thanks!

98. Kobeon 23 Nov 2012 at 5:07 pm

Hello CRIS,
    May I know what questions did the immigration ask you upon entering Singapore from Johor Bahru? How many days do you stay in Johor Bahru before returning to Singapore?
    Hoping for your response ASAP.
    Many Thanks.

99. manuon 27 Nov 2012 at 4:48 pm

I am indian & working in Indonesia. My wife has got job in singapore at fixed salary of 3500 SGD. My son 4 & half year old will study there in singapore. I want to keep my father with my family in singapore to take care. My father has 2 year multiple entry tourist visa to singapore. Each entry max 30 days. What is procedure to get it extended for more days.

100. Samantha Brownon 27 Nov 2012 at 8:22 pm

I suggest you contact the embassy directly; unfortunately we don’t have the expertise to offer you specific advice.

101. Danielon 03 Dec 2012 at 12:53 pm

Please help. My husband online extension has been approved and validity is until 21 December but we are planning that he exit to Malaysia on 10 Nov and comeback after 5 days , do you think this is possible or he should exit on 21 Dec itself. Kindly advise.

102. Danielon 03 Dec 2012 at 12:54 pm

sorry it must be 10 Dec he is planning to exit.

103. Audaryon 17 Dec 2012 at 6:47 pm

Good evening to all ..

Have anyone met the following case like as me?
    I applied evisa for my sister on last thursday night(13/12/12) around 11:00 pm.
    After submitted the application, the msg show it will take one working day.
    But until now the status is still under pending.
    Is there any problem related with under the following case?
    I used the photo background with blue color. When I applied I only adjust for the photo size and haven’t noticed about the photo background. I only found out the photo background requirement.Kindly advise.

104. Audaryon 17 Dec 2012 at 6:50 pm

I only found out the photo requirement this evening.

105. VJon 25 Dec 2012 at 1:11 pm

Your Urgent Assistance Needed,

I am currently working under S-Pass. I want to bring my wife and son to Singapore under tourist visa for 3 months. My question are

1.I am planning to bring Singapore on Jan 13th. Planning to take Malaysia during Chinese new year, while return to Singapore i will have 30th day visa. Is it possible to renter Singapore 30th day visa without apply extension. Can I get 30 days extension visa to stay in Singapore. After that can I apply online extension for another 30 days.

2. Or I should apply first online extension for 30 days and is it apply another 30 days by re-enter to Singapore. ie 30 days +30 days = 60 days.

3. Is it happen then, what is time duration should apply for new visa to Singapore in-order to avoid rejection.

Pls give me your valuable suggestion which will help me to proceed.

Thanks & Regards,
    VJ

106. VJon 25 Dec 2012 at 1:36 pm

Hi Tanya,

I am working in Singapore under S-pass category. I am new to Singapore.
    I am planning to bring my wife and son to Singapore under tourist visa on Jan 13th to stay with me for 90 days.

I will get 30 days visa to stay in Singapore. I have plan to take Malaysia during Chinese new year. while return to Singapore my family will be on 30th day.

My question are

1. Is it possible re-enter Singapore without applying online extension. shall get another 30 days visa. or shall I want to apply online extension?

2. If I get 30 days visa by re-enter to Singapore, then shall I apply for online extension? 30+30+30=90

If above issues apply then I get 30 days initial visa and another 30 days by re-enter and 30 days by online extension.

3. While re-enter to Singapore, 30 days visa shall be stamp at bus/ train terminals or need to go embassy. By this i need to keep my family return flight ticket booked on march to show in immigration.

I am new to Singapore pls give your valuable suggestion and comments at the earliest.

Regards,
    VJ

107. Tanya Procyshynon 25 Dec 2012 at 1:40 pm

Hi VJ,

If your citizenship makes you eligible for 30 day visa on arrival to Singapore, you will receive a new 30 day visa when you exit Singapore to Malaysia and return.

For specific advice regarding your family’s visas, you should contact Singapore Immigration.

108. lawon 27 Dec 2012 at 6:45 am

hi tanya,

just a short question.
    if my entry stamp into singapore is 25/dec/2012 and i am permitted to remain for 6 days,
    does it mean i must exit Singapore by 30/dec/2012 or 31/dec/2012?

sorry for asking such stupid question. just want to be sure and no mistake is made.

thanks

109. Praton 06 Jan 2013 at 11:59 am

My friend is planning to come to Singapore on a visit pas which he is going to apply through travel agents in India. However , the travel agent mentioned that the visa is for 30 days only and cannot be extended.

Is this true ?

Can a visa applied an approved from India can’t be extended for next 30 days through e-xtend ?

prat

110. EvilKnighton 16 Jan 2013 at 4:37 pm

Hi Tanya and fellow people here,

I got 1 question which needed to solve ASAP.
    I’m getting marry with my foreign spouse, so will be helping her to apply 30days Visit Pass to get ROM.
    After that i want to apply LTVP which will take 30days to process, so i need to extend the Visit Pass to 89days type.

Question 1: The problem is i saw in ICA website stating require “A confirmed onward/ return ticket”. Do i need that as i am waiting for the LTVP?

111. Tanya Procyshynon 17 Jan 2013 at 10:21 am

EvilKnight: That’s a very specific situation that I have no knowledge about. You should contact the ICA for the answer.

112. Mrahsweon 18 Jan 2013 at 2:49 pm

Can Bangladesh passport holder extend shorten social visit visa? Please kindly let me know whether Bangladesh passport holder can extends their shorten social visit visa. I would be thankful to you for kind regards.

Thanks,
    Mrashwe

113. Fathimaon 21 Jan 2013 at 11:54 am

Hi Tanya,
    Already I got the e-visa for 30days and again have extended 30days through sponsor. My husband is working here with s-pass. May I get extension for one more month. Is it possible. How to apply for this.

Thanks
    Fathima

114. Tanya Procyshynon 21 Jan 2013 at 12:05 pm

Fathima – One of the rules is that you cannot apply for 2 extensions. You will need to leave Singapore for at least 5 days, then return.

You should call the ICA to confirm, or see if there is another way to extend your visa.

115. Fathimaon 22 Jan 2013 at 8:25 am

Thanks 4 ur kind reply.
    While going to ask ICA for third time visa extension, should the sponsor person need to come with me.

Thanks
    Fathima

116. LostSoulon 28 Jan 2013 at 12:27 am

Hi Tanya
    Hope that you could help me on this one…. i already applied for e extension last december 19, 2012 and already expired last january 19,2013..then before my visa expire i went to malaysia , i stayed their for 3days. then the time that i went back here to singapore the imigration give me another 30days for staying here in SG, but the thing is at the same time, they also write on my passport and DE card that i would only stay here for 9 days… which one would i follow, the rubber stamp indicates that i can stay here for 30days or the hand written pen that indicates that i only have 9 days to stay here in SG?

I hope anyone could help me on this one…

SOUL

117. Derekon 30 Jan 2013 at 7:12 pm

Hi Tanya,

First of all, appreciate your time and efforts to read and answer all our queries.

My story:
    My Vietnamese wife(currently having a 3-year LTVP pass from Jan 2013)) is giving birth in Singapore at end of March 2013. We wish to fly our mother inlaw
    over to take care of my wife for 3 months or more. I have read all the regulations on ICA website. It looks like the only way – is to get the traditional 30-days short term visit pass at the airport and then extend the pass on the Extend website till the maximum of 89 days.

Question:
    a. Is there any chance of my mother inlaw staying beyond 4 months from your knowledge ?

b. Will it be wiser to ask an MP(Minister of Parliament) to write a mail to ICA instead with the reason that we cannot afford a maid and my mother has passed away long ago(hence no one else to help take care of my wife) ?

Thanks in advance. Wishing you “GONG XI FA CAI” in advance….

118. daraon 30 Jan 2013 at 8:57 pm

Hi Tanya or anyone else that can advise,

I left my job last june so my ep was cancelled. After the initial 30days that they give you when your ep is cancelled I had to exit and come back in to get the 90days tourist, which I did via JB Malaysia. Then shortly after that I travelled again to Malaysia for the weekend with friends and thus was stamped with a new 90days. Not long after that I went to Thailand for holiday and when I came back to S’pore I was stamped with another 90days which was expiring late oct 2012 so I did the JB Malaysia visa run and came back on the same day and got another 90days.

But when I went to do the usual JB trip last weekend, I was denied entry at woodlands immigration and was sent back to Malaysia. The officer told me that what I did was prohibited or “you cannot do u-turn” as he put it and said I needed to go somewhere else from Malaysia and then try to fly back in from that place but even then that is subject to whichever immigration officer I meet at the airport. Or I could come back with my “air ticket” (as he put it) to show that I was leaving S’pore in a 2 or 3 days and then they may allow mw back in but that again is up to the officer I meet.
    I tried to explain that since leaving my job I did some travelling and planned to do more before going back home to the UK since my return ticket home is for 1st march 2013. Also my boyfriend is here, we were supposed to go back for xmas but he’s transfer wasn’t approved till just the other week and he still has to serve he’s notice which is why I need to extend my visa so that we could leave together.

Pls help me, we don’t know what to do, what options are available to me, or how long I’m supposed to stay out of S’pore before trying to re-entre. And is it better to fly in like the officer said or does it not make much of a difference??
    The other problem is that my return ticket back home leaves from S’pore and since I’ve already made previous changes, I can’t make anymore changes, and the current date on it (2nd march) is too far away as it has to be within max 2week period.

I’d really appreciate your help/advise.
    Thanks :)

119. evaon 31 Jan 2013 at 1:53 am

Hey tania and whoever that can help me here,
    I know people have been asking you about how many days should you be out of singapore and coming back again without any trouble.

Holding a malaysian passport, we only have 60 days. My parents work here and actually i literally grew up in singapore, and my parents just didnt do PR for me. Which really sucks. Now im over 21. I have to keep going in and out of singapore every 2 weeks. There is one time that we didnt know. And i have to go back to malaysia for one month before coming back to singapore again. And now, can you tell me if i go back every 2 weeks to malaysia for one week. And come back to singapore again will affects the 60 days expiring? Because i really dont want to go back to msia for another one month. My family is here, and it really sucks being back there alone. Can you please help me? I really dont know how it works. and now i have 17 days left which its chopped on the passport. So if i go back to malaysia for 5 days before it expires will they renew another 30 days? thanks so much!

120. evaon 31 Jan 2013 at 1:55 am

Oh and btw, I’ve been doing this for almost 2 months already. Going in and out, thats why i dont know if they still counting that 60 days or not. I went out for a week to malaysia too.

121. ZURion 13 Feb 2013 at 2:08 am

hi Tanya and anyone can please help me with this…
    I am a tourist from Vietnam, I booked my return tickets to Singapore with a gap of a month ( from 23rd jan to 23rd feb), because I have some relatives staying in Singapore. I plan to go to Johor Bahru for 1 day shopping n come back to Singapore on the same day. Is the any possibility problem I have to deal with when i re-enter Singapore, because some of my friends said I might have to stay in JB for 3 4 days before coming back to Singapore. I wonder if I have booked my return ticket to HCM from Singapore already, is that help?

please help me

thanks

122. amilaon 17 Feb 2013 at 3:25 pm

hi

i am sri lankan and my wife is singapore. so that s why i wont to apply for long term visa in singapore . please tell me how to apply for pass and witch documents
    i wont to bring….please give me the good solution for me …..thanks

regret
    amila chinthana

123. Shintaon 19 Feb 2013 at 9:38 am

hi tanya..

just need to clarify to some people who have asked the question on what to follow like what @LostSoul asked:

‘before my visa expire i went to malaysia , i stayed their for 3days. then the time that i went back here to singapore the imigration give me another 30days for staying here in SG, but the thing is at the same time, they also write on my passport and DE card that i would only stay here for 9 days… which one would i follow, the rubber stamp indicates that i can stay here for 30days or the hand written pen that indicates that i only have 9 days to stay here in SG?’

need to be enlightened.

thanks in advance.

124. Paulaon 20 Feb 2013 at 8:57 pm

Hi Tanya,
    kindly need your advice..I’m Indonesian,I use tourist visa (30days)to enter sgp,then I extend via online for another 30 days (social visit purpose), so total I got 60days to stay.
    problem : I still need to have another 15days,what should I do ? is it possible to go outside singapore (ex:malaysia) and come back at the same day to get the visa ?

Thanks so much for your reply

125. earthon 23 Feb 2013 at 4:35 am

Hi Tanya!

and Everyone… does anybody here been rejected to Online E extend for 30 dyas and gone to ICA personally for appeal>?

What are the requirement guys?

thanks..in dire need please reply

126. venkyon 04 Mar 2013 at 10:42 am

hi thanya!

iam working in singapore ,my wife cum here singapore 2nd time use my cousin sponser .so my question is
    ica give one month visa wen she entered singapore ,i wana apply another 30 day so its possible can approved ,visa gng to finish on 11th of feb 2013,so wen iam gng to apply e-extand possible in a week pls give me advise

127. keilon 04 Mar 2013 at 6:34 pm

hi Tanya!

My wife and I have same case with @shinta and @lostsoul.

our passport indicates a stamp that we ca stay here for 30 days same with our DE.
    But our DE have a handwritten on pen that we can only stay for 6 days..

hoping for your response.. thank you!

128. Gakuzeon 13 Mar 2013 at 7:45 am

A good day everyone… I’ve been here to Singapore for almost 2 months for Special Visa, skill specialization or training. But I haven’t enjoy the place much, I wanted to comeback after a week just to visit the places I’ve missed. Is this possible the 1 week interval? Also, is it valid to stay for two weeks as a social visit. Thanks a lot! Keep you posted what will happen, coz I already booked my self. Good luck to me.

129. cyber thugon 13 Mar 2013 at 10:25 am

hi all
    just to enlighten you on our story.

i have a S pass and my wife has a training employment pass.
    they refused to give dependent for my daughter and mother in law.
    we have sri lankan passports and we came with three months valid malaysian tourist visa ( multiple entry).
    so we crossed two times to JB now and came back after 2 days. the last time when we went to JB , malaysian immigration made a small bluff , but allowed us to go.

no prob from singapore immigration.

will see how it goes.

130. sasion 19 Mar 2013 at 10:31 am

Hi Tanya
    My husband is working in Singapore under spass without dependent pass eligiblity.
    myself and my boy came to Singapore for first time under social visit pass, got 30 days visa to stay in Singapore. I have apply extension online, received 30 days. I need to stay another 30 days,shall I go for Malaysia and stay for 4 days and come back to Singapore. Can I get 2nd extension?

Entry to Singapore Dt 04.02.2013
    Expired on Dt 03.03.13
    Online extension approved 30 days upto 04.04.13
    My tourist visa applied from India already expired on dt 23.02.13.
    With the extension social visit visa, can I travel to Malaysia and come back to Singapore before 04.04.13. Can I get another 30 days extension?
    Please give me your valuable advice on this to proceed.
    Thanks&regards,
    Sasipriya

131. Omer Qureshion 31 Mar 2013 at 3:34 pm

hello,
    I got a 6 months tourist visa for singapore. after i stayed for one month, i applied for extension which was approve and i have a local sponsor too. now my question is that after my first extension i cannot apply again for extension. If i cross the border lets say 24th day of the month and come back, can i get another 30days pass? Plz gimme the correct suggestion!

132. SHon 15 Apr 2013 at 11:15 am

Hi Tanya,

I have come here on S pass for one year training.
    My wife and one year old son got 2 year multiple entry tourist visa.
    I have a friend here ( no family ties) who is singapore citizen, my question to you is can he act as local sponsor for my wife and child and extend their short term visit pass upto 89 days.

Or, in case,

should we exit to batam and return the same day for visit pass extensions?

Thank You.
    SH

133. SHon 16 Apr 2013 at 3:48 pm

Hi Tanya,

Eagerly awaiting you revert on below.

I have come here on S pass for one year training.
    My wife and one year old son got 2 year multiple entry tourist visa.

Please.

134. Samantha Brownon 18 Apr 2013 at 8:43 am

Hi SH, thanks for your query but I’m afraid we can’t really offer specific personal advice and aren’t sure if your friend can act as a sponsor. Can I suggest contacting the relevant official authorities to ask! Good luck!

135. SHon 18 Apr 2013 at 9:57 am

Thank You for your revert Samantha.

136. Merwyn Sequeiraon 24 Apr 2013 at 12:02 pm

Dear Tania,

It was interesting reading and so may I put forth my problem?

My friend who is a Singapore resident applied for a multiple entry visa which was approved. I would be travelling into Singapore on April 30, , stay one night and travel the next day May 1, (basically transiting through Singapore). I would then return to Singapore on June 8 and catch a flight out of the country after only a few hours. My friend applied on April 1, as the ICA requests. They approved the visa as earlier mentioned, but from April 2 upto June 4 only. This does not cover my travelon my return trip. If they had checked the dates of my travel, they could have issued the visa, say April 15 to June 15 which would have been perfect. Is there any way of requesting them to rectify my reentry date (June 8) without any payment when I land in Singapore on April 30?

Hope you can advise me.

Many thanks,

Merwyn

137. Samantha Brownon 25 Apr 2013 at 2:15 pm

Hi Merwyn,

We can’t really offer specific advice — it would be best to contact authorities directly to ask, difficult as though that may be.

Best,
    Sam

138. Maricel Dimaano Dimalantaon 02 May 2013 at 2:18 pm

To whom itmay concern,
    My cousin leave Manila since29 of April and nowi got a acall from her Mom that Jenny detain in Singapore immigration at terminal 1 .Please give me advice what is the best step to do. They areplanning to go to philippine immigration to ask for help ,is that ok.?
    Urgent pleasereply now thanks a lot a more power!

139. Maricel Dimaano Dimalantaon 02 May 2013 at 2:22 pm

In addition Jenny is a tourist and have 15 thousand pocket money .good for one week stay and come back at a may 4 ,2013
    Tiger airways
    age 22

first timer visitor
    no relatives in singapore

140. Tanya Procyshynon 02 May 2013 at 2:34 pm

Maricel — We can’t give specific advice. I suggest you contact immigration to find out why she was detained and then contact the Philippines Embassy in Singapore.

141. ram nithion 14 May 2013 at 6:09 pm

hello friends,

i want a details , my friend was applied work permit for singapore . he already got it. He didnt go there . because company is closed . so, if he will apply new visa for workpermit or s pass

ram

142. ram nithion 14 May 2013 at 6:17 pm

he applied 2011 . plz give the info .

ram….

143. Sureshon 27 May 2013 at 5:43 am

hi,Tanya, HELLO THERE FRIENDS..PLZZZZZZZZZ

I KNOW TANYA MADAM,,U MIGHT BE BORING TO ANSWER SAME SORT OF QUESTION ….I aslo dun want to bother u …but,i need ur help in urgent.MY QUERRY IS SO SIMPLE..I HOPE U CAN ANSWER …is it eligible to extend the visa for next 30 days on second trip to Singpore in the same year ..which mean i just come back from Singapore to Myanmar two months and 15 days ago? I HEARD THAT I CAN’T EXTEND FOR ANOTHER 3O DAYS AS I JUST COME BACK FROM 2 MONTHS AGO.. I SHOULD BE STAY OUT FROM SINGPORE FOR ATLEAST 3 MONTHS OR 6 MONTHS ..IS THAT TRUE???.hope Taniya mam u can answer my querry…plz..plz anyone also can answer my ques;..i would be greatful if anyone could clear my doubts..

SURESH

144. Tanya Procyshynon 27 May 2013 at 1:08 pm

Hi Suresh – There is no specific rule stating that you can only renew every 3 or 6 months. That said, each person’s experience is different based on their nationality, how long they’ve been in Singapore, etc. etc. I suggest you contact the ICA and ask them directly.

145. Sureshon 28 May 2013 at 1:55 am

hi Tanya mamh

Thanks loads for your repnonse. n sry to bother u again..I already send the e-mail to ICAto clear my doubts but i dun know y dun still they respond me.My story is that “I had been studying in Singpore for 8 month since last year2012, then i went to Myanmar as my dad asked me to come back to Myanmar for the pesonal problem and that’s why i also cancel my student pass and go back to Myanmar on May 2013.. now i ll come back to Singpore with visit visa by the end of May. here my doubt is that is it eligible to extend my visa for
    (second month)next one month??? i want to stay there for atleast 2 months to spend time with my girlfriend…..ps: my nationality is Myanmar.

146. Sureshon 28 May 2013 at 2:00 am

sry.sry..small correction not (“MAY 2013″) …. “March 2013″ (on that month i came back to Myanmar)

147. Vikon 02 Jun 2013 at 12:10 am

Hi there

My partner has an opportunity to work in Singapore for 6 months and I was wondering what sort of visa I need to accompany her? We are engaged but not married and are both Australian.

I keep reading about 90 day visas and then 90 day extensions.

Can you advise what the best feasible option would be? I don’t need to work in Singapore as I have some other things I want to pursue (and enough funds to sustain myself).

Thanks!

148. Kimon 03 Jun 2013 at 8:40 pm

Hi Tanya,

I’m trying to get my head around Singapore visas and I’m getting a little turned around and hope you can help! I’m a UK national am currently looking for employment in Singapore. My girlfriend is moving to Singapore in August (already got a job) and I am going with her on a social visit visa until I find a job.
    I understand the social visit visa is valid for 30 days at first, extendable up to another 30 days. What I don’t quite get (and seems to be a bit of a loophole) is that by the sounds of it I can stay for 30 days, get a bus to Johor Bahru and back again in the same day, then stay for another 30 days, get a bus to Johor Bahru… etc. until I find a job. This sounds slightly too easy to be true… Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help, your blog seems is the clearest I’ve found by far (and much better than government website…!).

Kim

149. sikorumbeon 27 Jun 2013 at 11:11 am

I just received the visa extension today and I would like to stay longer in Singapore.
    If I go to Batam and go back to Singapore on the same day, will I get the new 30 days visa (new tourist visa) again ? I’m holding Indonesian passport by the way.

Cheers,

150. Chrison 30 Jun 2013 at 5:24 pm

Hello, my girlfriend from pfilippines got a social visit pass for 30 days.I am doing an internship here and i have a working holiday pass. My question is: what is the best possibility of extension for us? – Leaving to malaysia for a weekend and come back. – Apply for an extension?with me as local sponsor? Can this work? We want to stay here together for almost 4 month.

151. khushbooon 04 Jul 2013 at 7:45 pm

hey

I have a visa which is gonna expire on 27th july and i want to travel to singapore on 5th july. I want a stay of atleast 30days. What do i do in this case should i apply for a new visa ?or will i get a 30 days stay even if my visa expires on 27th july.Is there any way I can get a 30days stay as I have some work which might require more than 20 days.

Anyone please guide me.

152. marson 10 Jul 2013 at 4:52 pm

me again

how many days will I spend to exit Malaysia if I want to extend my 30 days in Singapore.

153. Fathimaon 23 Jul 2013 at 1:34 am

Hi Tanya,
    My husband is working in Singapore as s-pass holder. Already I came to Singapore four months back as a visitor,again now I am in Singapore and also I got one month extension, it is going to get over 60 days. But now I would like to stay with my husband for some more days. Is it possible to get extension at least for fifteen days.

Thanks a lot for advance.

154. FoodieDoodieon 09 Aug 2013 at 3:30 pm

Hi Tanya,

I tried to do the online extension via e-XTEND 7 days before the expiry of my 30 day pass. However, the application was unsuccessful so I am going to try to appeal via my company sponsor. If that I am not that lucky – I will need to exit and enter Singapore. Note: I have only stayed in Singapore less than 30 days.

But time away from Singapore is quite grey from the replies in this posts and from some of my work colleagues. Can I confirm that this have to be 5 days or more?

This is what I am going to do anyway but it is rather long and difficult. I thought it’d be easier just to pay an extension fee (like most VISAs).

FoodieDoodie

155. Deanon 09 Aug 2013 at 8:41 pm

Hi, my partner has got a one year job out in Singapore and i would like to find out if its possible for me to either come for 30days and find work whilst in Singapore that would allow me to stay for the year or if its easier to secure a job prior to arrival and that would be a better solution. I am a hairdresser. Any info would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

156. Nik Con 12 Sep 2013 at 3:00 pm

Hi Tanya,

I am holding Employment Pass and my wife holding dependent pass (Validity 20Aug2012 – 20aug2014) my company only applied for my wife’s DP and got it approved (as issued before 01st Sep’12) as MOM EP & dependent pass rules changed. Now I have 9 mths old son and I applied for Dependent pass for him but got rejected as per new rule. But now I want to Bring my wife and son to Singapore with me but then I will have to bring my son on Tourist visa or visit visa but then how I can make him stay longer with me?? Can I go to ICA and can make request to issues long term visa pass for my son or evrytime I will have to take him Malaysia and come back. Will they consider my request for my 9mth old son on case to case basis and can give me atleast 90 days extention or till the date my EP is valid. Or what are the chances of getting DP by visting MOM on personally droping into office as they have rejected once. Do they accept inquiries face to face.

Nik C

157. Karthikon 30 Sep 2013 at 11:56 pm

Here’s my history:
    I came in singapore and was stamped 30 days social visit pass and applied for an on line 30 days extension and i was approved for another 30 days. so i was allowed to stay Additional 30 days , then last week we went to indonesia for 5 days upon arrival to Singapore again on 24 sep 2013 i was stamped for another 30 days, new embarkation card was issued. now, i’m thinking if can still apply an extension on line again considering i got another 30 days? or should i exit ?

Your help is badly needed.
    thanks,

158. Winnieon 27 Nov 2013 at 12:02 pm

Hi Tanya,

I want to ask that i have stay in SG with visit pass for 60 days, so i had to left SG for how many days then i can return? I have some interview appointment.
    Thanks.

159. SHon 20 Jan 2014 at 12:00 pm

Hi Samantha,

Would like to update on outcome of my query / situation. (could be useful to the site visitors) @SH on 16 Apr 2013 at 3:48 pm

My Singapore Citizen friend (no family ties) was not allowed to be my local sponsor. So my wife and kid had to leave Singapore for 5 days in June’13 and were allowed re entry for another 30 days then and they finally left in July’13

My wife and Kid again came back in Nov’13 (after leaving Singapore in July’13) and have been allowed to stay for another total 60 days ( with online extension done in Dec’13). Ie Singapore Immigration allows to stay for another 60 days with an online extension once you have a gap of atleast 4 months between your visits to Singapore.

Hope this would help solve few more queries on the site.

Thank you guys @Samantha & Tanya, Keep up your good work.

160. xamon 11 Apr 2014 at 10:34 pm

Thanks for this blog.

I was in singapore for about 2 months last 2013 to look for a job and lived with my sister who’s already working their.
    2 months is not enough for me looking for a job.. so my sister and I decided to exit malaysia to extend another 30 days, before my visit pass expired.. we stay in KL for 3 days. After 3 days.. going back in sg.. at the singapore immigration they ask too many question they check my cellphone, my bags and told me that i cannot come back again in sg (ever) if i dont tell them the truth why i am staying that long in sg, i was so scared that time and told them the truth that i am looking for job. (Because i already know they will find contacts of employer in my phone..) after the the conversation with the immigration officer they allowed me to enter sg again but this time for 4 days only and i need to leave sg on the 4th day (by the way i already booked a flight going home before we exit malaysia) they stamp my passport “special pass” and the date of my flight in my ticket.
    what “special pass” means?.. can I come again in singapore?
    AFter how many months or years? Or I am totally prohibited to enter in sg again? Pls help..
    Thank you!

161. Samantha Brownon 13 Apr 2014 at 9:12 pm

Sorry not sure on this one and we can’t really offer personal advice. Probably best to approach a Singaporean embassy in your country of residence to check.

162. josephon 11 Aug 2014 at 2:56 pm

hi #Karthik I saw your query and thought if you could help me with the same situation? Did they allow you to get another 30days via online extension? Thank you for your help.

Joseph