About us forum

How's the weather where you're standing?

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I've just added a small new feature in that gives the weather today and the four-day forecast for a bunch of destinations covered on Travelfish. You'll see it in the right column when available. Has a pretty pic, the general conditions and the temperature range in Celsius and Fahrenheit.

You can see some examples here: Ko Samui Chaweng Beach Mukdahan and Hanoi . The info is supplied by Google, who I think in turn grabs it from WeatherUnderground.

Some popular places, notably Ko Tao, doesn't have data, but in those kind of cases, use the "destinations nearby" in the left column to pick a bigger centre nearby (they're ordered by proximity, upto 200km away) to see if you can find the weather.

I wouldn't plan the construction of a house around these snippets, but if you were trying to decide between say Ko Samui and Phuket over the next few days, the weather is looking a bit better on the west coast :)

Cheers!

#1 Posted: 14/11/2010 - 14:43

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Nice!

#2 Posted: 14/11/2010 - 15:33

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.