admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Yup, just in order to make sure we have no free time at all, we're looking for three more researcher/bloggers to contribute to the Travelfish.org site.

The positions are all based in southern Thailand and we're looking for applicants who are either living in Thailand, or at least looking to spending a prolonged period in the country.

The role is part research, part blogging. You'll be required to research specific areas and blog for us once a week. There is also scope for feature writing and travel to other areas of the country (once the initial research in complete).

These are paid positions, but the pay is not all that high so they are best suited to applicants with some already existing part-time writing work ... or a wealthy spouse :-)

Positions
    Ko Pha Ngan: correspondent
    Responsible for a complete Ko Pha Ngan update plus a weekly blog entry. Also responsible for Surat Thani and Chumphon. Must be based in Ko Pha Ngan.

Ko Samui: correspondent
    Responsible for a complete Ko Samui update plus a weekly blog entry. Also responsible for Nakhon Sri Thammarat and Phattalung. Must be based in Ko Samui.

Southwest Thailand: correspondent
    Responsible for Krabi , Trang, Satun and Hat Yai provinces plus a weekly blog entry. Ideally based out of Ko Lanta or Krabi town.

Successful applicants would join our nine existing correspondents spread across the Southeast Asia region. All roles are for an immediate start. You can see examples of the blogs here.

Applicants must be native English speakers and are expected to be able to commit for at least 12 monthes. While Thai language skills are not essential, having a working knowledge of the language would be very advantageous.

For more information, please contact Samantha Brown at sambrown@travelfish.org or see our jobs page for more information.

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 16/8/2011 - 06:08

• Advertisement

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

That's it.
    I'm moving to Southern Thailand and declare myself native english speaker.

#2 Posted: 16/8/2011 - 10:37

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Oi, get in line! I'm heading to Koh Phangan. And I'm multi-lingual - I can speak Kiwi English and American English. Can we negotiate a start date sometime early 2013? That should give me time to find other paying work - or a wealthy spouse!

Sigh... now that would be living the dream!

#3 Posted: 16/8/2011 - 15:33

• eastwest

Joined Travelfish
    17th December, 2009

I am in line! As long as we change the requirements a little....

Change southern Thailand to southern Cambodia and native English to native Dutch English and I'm the perfect candidate.

I guess I have to take the long route and ask Britain to colonize the Netherlands. It's a tiny army and I don't see any other obstacles.

#4 Posted: 16/8/2011 - 15:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Travel research jobs - with Travelfish ... By somtam2000 on 10 Jan 2007 4 2233 11 Jan 2007