About us forum

The Site Generally

• lifemagic

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2007
    Total reviews: 12

Not sure if this is the right thread to talk about the site generally.

I'm grateful for it, the info, pics, occasional maps, user reviews, and it's all free of course. I travel around a lot and like to take part, so leave reviews.I'm careful to let you know of good experiences as well as bad, and when negative, I stick to the facts. But my reviews, recently, don't show up.

I'm just back from Surat Thani. I went and looked at most of the places there. The guide (on this site) is really outdated, pricewise, and one place is long since closed down (I've left feedback, but will that be added?).

It's fair enough you can't pay people to be traveling round checking everything each year, but you need to allow sensible updates from users when they come.

Anyway, hope it's OK to say this. I still like the site and will use it. It's just a bit frustrating when I try and take part and feel ignored.

#1 Posted: 7/2/2012 - 07:54

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Thanks -- they've been published (except for the closed one as we'll just remove the review). Reviews are generaly published weekly, though given we're in the middle of moving house and I've been travelling a lot lately, we've slipped. More will get released later today.

Realise some of the southern stuff is old, but in the South in the last few monthes we've updated all of Trang, Satun and Phuket provinces along with adding Ko Phayam in the north. Being edited at the moment is Samui and another writer is about to start on the rest of the Andaman coast.

It's a gradual thing and as you say it's difficult to update everywhere all the time - we're working on it :-)

#2 Posted: 7/2/2012 - 19:05

• lifemagic

Joined Travelfish
    19th July, 2007
    Total reviews: 12

Fair enough, thanks for replying. I only mentioned this as the site is so useful and it was frustrating not being able to help keep it up to date. But you're obviously on top of it all!

#3 Posted: 8/2/2012 - 09:04

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.