About us forum

Updates?

• shutupbecky

Joined Travelfish
    8th May, 2012

When I first visited Travelfish, I was pretty excited. It was like discovering a treasure trove of information. However, that initial excitement is gone because I've noticed that much of the information is very old. That's not to say that the information isn't useful -it's better than nothing- but it makes me question how reliable the information is. What's happening (or not happening) to this website?

#1 Posted: 24/5/2012 - 09:16

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Becky - some areas are more up to date than others. Laos (when I looked last year) was very outdated in some respects, but other areas are very current (eg Indonesia). It depends on where the TF researchers are based. at the time.

TF is a small outfit and SEA is a big area to cover and I think the battle between trying to get new areas covered and old areas updated is a constant challenge.

But even though some info is a bit outdated (eg prices, transport times, etc), I still found (and continue to find!) TF an excellent resource for trip planning.

And you will generally find the forum members very helpful if you have specific questions about anything.

#2 Posted: 24/5/2012 - 20:27

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Becky,

As Lizzs says, depends where you are looking at -- in the last coupla month we've published comprehensive updates for Ko Samui, Mondulkiri, some parts of northern Thailand, Nong Khai, southwest Thaialnd and a few other bits and bobs. Other sections, eg Ko Chang, Ko Pha Ngan and Ko Tao for eg are in need of updating -- we're working on it.

Also, take a look at the blogs section - we publish roughly150 new stories there a month, from across the region.

Hope that helps

#3 Posted: 25/5/2012 - 19:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.