admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

We've just re-enabled the image posting code for posts on the Travelfish forum and you can see an example below.

5912540134_5ac3a47e66.jpg

The above was taken one evening on Nusa Lembongan and I've embedded it from the Travelfish Flickr pool here.

A simple post like the above is simple to do and I'll post the instructions below in two posts so that you know how it works.

We'd disabled this feature for a long time -- to be honest, I can't remember why -- but we hope you find it useful.

Cheers

#1 Posted: 5/1/2013 - 23:34

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

First up to post an image, it needs to be available somewhere else on the web (including Travelfish) -- you won't actually be uploading the image onto our server, rather you're linking to it at another location (called hotlinking). The above example is linked to an image on the Flickr page.

There are two ways to link an image, either using the styling images directly above, or doing it in code (I'll explain the latter further down).

You'll see above there are now six images and the second to last one is this: img.gif

You click on that and you'll see a pop-up that will ask for the URL of the image. In this example I'm going to embed the title image from our Indonesia page here. To get the image URL, you just right click on the image and select "Copy Image URL" (or something similar, the actual message will vary a little depending on which browser you use.

indonesia300250-1.jpg

See :)

All you do is press the button, add a URL and the image should appear.

As you can see with the button image and the beach photo, just type away and click the image button when you get to where you want it to appear.

A couple of points to keep in mind.

* Please don't embed images larger than 600pixels or so wide as they'll stretch the page too wide and make it difficult to read.
    * Please don't embed images you have no rights to.
    * Please keep it clean :)

Next I'll cover how to do the same in the code view.

Cheers

#2 Posted: 5/1/2013 - 23:44

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

To do the same in "code view" you first need to click on the code button (the last one) icon_html.gif

Then, to insert the image you enter the following:

[img]THE URL OF THE IMAGE[/img]

So if I wanted to link the image at this address:
    http://travelfish-sg.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/indonesia/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/hammock.jpg

I would just wrap the above in [img]and[/img]

and get:

hammock.jpg

Make sense?

#3 Posted: 5/1/2013 - 23:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Related posts on the forum ... By somtam2000 on 16 Nov 2009 0 3497 4 Aug 2011
travelfish is censoring posts ... By flyhigher on 2 Jun 2011 5 1796 2 Jun 2011
New sections and other changes with the Travelfish forum ... By somtam2000 on 10 Jan 2013 5 967 12 Jan 2013
How can I post thanks words to Travelfish forum? ... By ongjoel on 9 Dec 2013 1 586 9 Dec 2013
Travelfish forum usage guidelines - request for comment ... By somtam2000 on 3 Jan 2013 6 2197 19 Jan 2013