Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi all.

Yes I'm still on my back so still making more improvements to the forum -- you should see the destination guide inputing pile that is growing beside me as I type -- I do need to be able to sit up to do that though -- hopefully inside a week.

Anyway, my falling apart body aside, a couple of updates:

Forum subscriptions
    Being able to unsubscribe to threads you subscribed to but never posted to will FINALLY be fixed today.

Travelfish writers
    We'll be adding a marker (similar to the "admin" button that you see in the left column for when I post) to denote that the poster also works for us as a Travelfish writer. We're doing this primarily because we think it is more transparent to other readers. We're certainly not doing it to say "Hey this poster knows more than a non-Travelfish writer" -- because in practise they probably don't! :)

Hello again Nepal and China
    We're adding a new level of spam-protection which means we'll be unblocking traffic from China and Nepal. Yes caseyprich - no more VPN required! (For those not aware we had previously blocked all traffic from China and Nepal, both due to incessant spamming practises coming from there). If the new spam protection doesn't work well, the "Great Wall of Travelfish" will return. :)

This new spam protection may result in a few false positives, please bear with us -- if you get a "moderated message", don't worry, we're not going all Thorn Tree on you -- we'll be keeping a close eye on it and will adjust it accordingly.

New countries
    Probably the biggest change will be we'll be adding a few new countries to the forum. Some of these are outside Southeast Asia, but we think they're still on a well travelled trail and we think they'd be a handy extension to the forum, especially for travellers on longer overland and RTW trips (hint hint). Before you ask, no this doesn't mean we'll be expanding the destination guide -- we're quite content trying to cover Southeast Asia thanks!

We're settling on how we're going to add these new countries -- either regionally or by individual country -- but should have decided later today.

Closing forums
    We'll be closing to new posts the Competitions, Travel news and Travel deals sections, primarily because they have become big fat spam magnets.

Revised forum guidelines
    We're formalising the revised forum guidelines we proposed here and will incorporate them into the sign-up page and so on. Thanks for your feedback in that regard.

Well, I think that's enough to keep me busy today.

Any thoughts, as always, welcome. :)

#1 Posted: 10/1/2013 - 17:38

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

"Being able to unsubscribe to threads you subscribed to but never posted to will FINALLY be fixed today."

Yay!!! Finally, no more emails from the 'Annoying Verbiage' thread (ie the thread that just doesn't die). :-)

Sorry you're still laid up Somtam, but Travelfish is the winner here with some excellent changes coming through. It's appreciated - by me and the masses, I'm sure!

#2 Posted: 10/1/2013 - 19:34

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

That is why it is called "Annoying verbiage" :)

#3 Posted: 10/1/2013 - 19:39

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Ok, unsubscribing from threads is now sorted -- apologies for the long, very long delay in sorting it out.

As always any threads you have either started or commented on and selected "email notification" are listed on this page. (you need to be logged in to see it). If you scroll to the bottom of the page you'll now see any threads you have subscribed to but haven't commented on -- you'll see an unsubscribe link next to each -- click on it and you're done.

Questions, if you get any weird results, or still can't unsubscribe from something, let me know.

Cheers

#4 Posted: 10/1/2013 - 20:51

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Somtam - annoyingly (but only mildly so), I still can't unsubscribe from the Annoying Verbiage thread (as per my email). It's a thread that I commented on and subscribed to, a scenario that doesn't appear to be allowed for from what I can tell. If the thread is meant to be included in the top section (last 100 discussions I participated in) - then it's obviously outside the 100 threshold. (I must have too much to say!). Any chance of allowing us to somehow scroll to older posts? This isn't the only one - there are still some for 4-5 years ago that still keep rearing their heads every so often.

To make it clear maybe make the top section a list of recent discussion that I participated in but have not yet subscribed to and the bottom section a kist of ALL threads that I have subscribed to (scrollable).

#5 Posted: 11/1/2013 - 23:48

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

It's working now. :)

If others have problems unsubscribing from their subscribed threads, please post here so I can look into it.

cheers

#6 Posted: 12/1/2013 - 06:47

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
You can now add images to posts on the Travelfish forum ... By somtam2000 on 5 Jan 2013 2 1668 5 Jan 2013
How can I post thanks words to Travelfish forum? ... By ongjoel on 9 Dec 2013 1 637 9 Dec 2013
Travelfish forum usage guidelines - request for comment ... By somtam2000 on 3 Jan 2013 6 2230 19 Jan 2013