About us forum

43 hours from Washington to Jakarta - beat that!

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Our good friend J just hobbled into our humble abode in Jakarta after a marathon 43-hour epic from Washington.

The original plan had held for Washington -> Newark -> Singapore -> Jakarta, however after arriving in Newark, she was told her plane was "broken", and she ended up flying Newark -> London -> Singapore -> Jakarta.

As a final touch, the airlines lost her bags.

So what's your airline horror story? Please do share and help J feel a bit better!

#1 Posted: 4/6/2007 - 22:44

• Advertisement

• besok

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2007

Oh nightmare trip, sorry to hear about it.

i'd a round the world ticket with Continental and Thai once. When I arrived in NY for the flight to London, was like the above told the plane was "broken". Was then put on another Continental flight and flown from NY to Denver. Yes, you read that correctly, Denver.

Got off the plane sat in Denver for a coupla hours then flew on another Continental plane back to New York and connected with another one going to London.

No idea why they sent me to Denver and back but the scenery was good.

#2 Posted: 4/6/2007 - 23:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.