About us forum

Viewing Travelfish on different browsers

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007
    Total reviews: 2

Recently I've noticed quite a difference between Travelfish on Firefox and the same on Internet Explorer - especially the slide show on the home page. Is Travelfish optimized for Internet Explorer?

#1 Posted: 24/5/2013 - 12:56

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Daawgon,

We develop on Macs now so it should look very similar on Chrome, Firefox and Safari. It's been a while since ice looked at it on IE. but I'll find a cafe today to take a look.

Can you give me a bit more info? Are the slides how images stacking on top of each other vertically? That was a problem a while back.

Cheers & thanks.

#2 Posted: 24/5/2013 - 21:14

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007

Firefox is my main browser, and the slides stack vertically for about 30 seconds, and then they disappear. They're fine on IE as far as I can tell. Since Firefox has so many add-ons, etc., it would be hard to pinpoint a problem, and I use several which could alter the appearance of your site.

Thanks for the info.

#3 Posted: 24/5/2013 - 22:32

• Geer1

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Places visited:
    At least 42

Chrome stacks them as well but only until page loads which depending on internet speed can be seconds or next to no time at all.

#4 Posted: 24/5/2013 - 22:59

• daawgon

Joined Travelfish
    17th April, 2007

Yes, my estimate of 30 secs is way too long

#5 Posted: 24/5/2013 - 23:29

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

I don't know if the correct term is "stacking" but those images zip past too fast for me on firefox. I glimpse something interesting and its already gone before I can click on it. It definitely doesn't stay there 30 seconds but it would be better if it did. Better still, can't you add a back and forward button so that people can scroll through and find the topic that interests them? As it is you have to sit and wait for the picture to come round again which is a bit time consuming for the user.

#6 Posted: 25/5/2013 - 18:35

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

I'm sitting at an airport with nothing better to do than watch the pics zip by. I count 3 seconds per pic on a reasonable WiFi signal, using Chrome. I agree it would be nice if there was a forward and backward option.

#7 Posted: 25/5/2013 - 22:13

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.