About us forum

New Member!

• Alexandre81-

Joined Travelfish
    22nd August, 2013

Hello everyone! I am Alexandre. I am newbie here. I love visiting beautiful places. One of my friends tells me about this forum. I hope my stay on this forum really good and according to my expectations.

Have a nice day!!!

#1 Posted: 22/8/2013 - 12:02

• Advertisement

• cyra_mat

Joined Travelfish
    5th November, 2014

Hello, i am also newbie to this forum and glad to share my ideas about traveling and hotels.

#2 Posted: 5/11/2014 - 04:01

• roam

Joined Travelfish
    6th November, 2014

Greetings everyone! I'm new here. I was on TT but that ship is sinking. Looking forward to reading interesting things here and sharing tips. Happy travels!

#3 Posted: 6/11/2014 - 20:50

• nomadic

Joined Travelfish
    5th November, 2014

Ha! I'm a recent TT survivor too. I wonder how many others are here?

#4 Posted: 9/11/2014 - 21:46

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Welcome both- yes there are a few ex TT people floating around, also quite a few that use both.

Cheers

#5 Posted: 10/11/2014 - 18:41

• TTrefugee

Joined Travelfish
    12th November, 2014

Just joined Travel Fish today. On another travel forum members are given a title under their member name based on their number of posts. For example, all new members are assigned the title "TT Refugee" until they reach 10 posts if memory serves. On their 10th post their title is promoted to "Guidebook Dependent". When they reach the next points levels their titles are graduated to: "Armchair Traveler, Lost in Place, Holds PhD in Packing, Knows What a Schengen Visa Is, Street Food Connoisseur, Squat Toilet Professional, World Citizen, Began Gap Year Trip Six Years Ago, Extra Pages in Passport," and so on. That's the funny reason why I selected my new name TTrefugee for this forum.

#6 Posted: 12/11/2014 - 17:08

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Welcome.

Those titles sound like Bootsnall -- we used to have them here but then people complained that they became a "noodle lady" after 50 posts or something, so I knocked them off ;-)

#7 Posted: 12/11/2014 - 18:29

• antoniamitc-
    hell

Click here to learn more about antoniamitchell
    Joined Travelfish
    13th May, 2012
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 3
    Places visited:
    At least 39

Hmmm. I wouldn't mind being called Holds PhD in Packing, Knows What a Schengen Visa Is, or Street Food Connoisseur (all pretty much true, and I can now - just about - manage to use a squat without peeing on my shoes or getting my trouser hems wet), but Guidebook Dependent is rather condescending....

Somtam, thanks for reminding me about the old TF labels; I'd plum forgotten them. I remember when I first joined looking wistfully at the posters with the cool labels and thinking "one day I'll be that well traveled...."

#8 Posted: 15/11/2014 - 16:52

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.