admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

An Italian travel website TripMagazine has something about Travelfish on it, and despite my living in Trieste for two years, my Italian is about as good as my poached eggs -- not good at all.

If there's any Italian travellers out there reading this, I'd love a translation of the following:

"Insisto con google e mi ritrovo su Travelfish, indubbiamente il miglior sito oggi in circolazione quando si tratta di fare ricerche nel sud est asiatico. Travelfish non tradisce: hanno una mappa interattiva, dalla quale vengo a sapere che Trat e Ko Chang ricevono solitamente nel mese di luglio 990mm d’acqua, con la pioggia che scende 26 giorni su 31.

Per fare qualche paragone a Ko Samui la pioggia scende 14 giorni, ma i mm caduti sono 123. Phuket, in pieno monsone, ha 20 giorni di pioggia ma solo 289 mm.

Con la certezza quindi che se dovessi rimanere qui i 10 giorni che mi rimangono prima di dover tornare a Bangkok e preparare ahimè il rientro a casa, mi ributto subito su Travelfish a cercare un altro posto dove aver possibilità di rifarmi un minimo di tintarella, persa completamente dopo due mesi passati tra Cina e Laos."

I know it has something to do with the weather -- but that's about all I can manage.

Multo gracias!

#1 Posted: 10/8/2007 - 21:52

• Advertisement

• vale82

Joined Travelfish
    10th August, 2007

just a quick and short translation:
    "I insist with google and I get to travelfish, undoubtely the best website about south east asia. travelfish will not disappoint you: they have an interactive map, from which I find out that Trat and Ko Chang usually get 990mm of water in july, raining 26 days out of 31.
    For a quick comparison, in Koh Samui you get rain 14 days, but only 123mm. Phuket, in the monsoon season, gets 20 days of rain but only 289mm.
    so, I wouldnt want to spend my last 10 days here before going to bangkok and then home, I go back to travelfish to try and find another place to sunbake, as my tan is all gone after 2 months in China and Laos".

Ciao!

#2 Posted: 10/8/2007 - 23:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.