admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

I came across the following about Travelfish on a German website -- if there's a German-speaker who can translate, I'd really appreciate it.

"Von einem echten Marktführer bei den Empfehlungsportalen kann man nicht sprechen. Manche eignen sich nur für bestimmte Regionen, wie Travelfish, die sich auf Südostasien spezialisiert haben, viele andere ringen nach genug Usern, um den ganzen Globus umfassend erklären zu können. Dabei sind alle entweder die "ersten" (Tripflip), "genialsten" (Travelzoo), "the fun way" (Travbuddy) oder wollen den "vollständigen, aktuellen und verlässlichen weltweiten Reiseführer" (Wikitravel, World66, Wikivoyage) schreiben.

Travelfish.org - Social Travel Portal für Südostasien. Neben Tipps, was man mitnehmen sollte, sind auch viele Hinweise zu Hotels und ähnlichem aufgeführt. Hilfreich: Es stehen ein paar Reiseführer mit essentiellen Details und Karten zum kostenpflichtigen Download bereit."

Original page is here:
    Links zur Reiseplanung im Internet

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 20/8/2008 - 06:53

• Advertisement

• Lother

Joined Travelfish
    12th May, 2006
    Location Earth
    Total reviews: 31

My German is very, very limited so maybe a native will provide a better translation, but just for fun:

"One cannot really say there is a market leader within the recommendation portals. (I assume this refers to sites offering recommendations on hotels etc.) Some dedicate themselves only to certain regions, such as Travelfish which specializes in Southeast Asia, while many struggle to get enough users to be able to cover the entire globe in a comprehensive manner. They are all either "the first" (Tripflip), "the most ingenious" (Travelzoo), "the fun way" (Travbuddy) or want to write a "complete, current and reliable travel guide" (Wikitravel, World66, Wikivoyage).

… Travelfish.org - A Social Travel Portal for Southeast Asia. In addition to advice, which one should take along, there are also many tips for hotels and similar listed. Helpfully: A few travel guides with essential details and maps are available for download for a cost.

#2 Posted: 20/8/2008 - 13:47

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Thanks Lother - appreciated

#3 Posted: 21/8/2008 - 14:19

• chaos23

Joined Travelfish
    4th September, 2008
    Total reviews: 7

if you need further help, mail me. the above text is slightly differing from the german meaning, but all in all correct.

#4 Posted: 22/6/2009 - 01:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.