Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Attention all Travelfishers!

We're in the closing stages of the the redesign of Travelfish -- yes, I know we were supposed to launch on Jan 1, but, well, good things just take time... and believe me there's nobody who wants it finished sooner than me!

Anyway, as a part of the new fangled site, we've got a Flickr (www.flickr.com) group going (for those that don't know, Flickr is a photo website where you can upload your holiday pics for all and sundry to see).

With the Travelfish Group on Flickr, you can get your pics to show on Travelfish. All you need do is add your pics to the Travelfish Group (you need a Flickr account to do so, but that's free), tag it with the placename, and, once the new site is up, you could well see your holiday snaps gracing Travelfish.

In other words, you take a pic in Chiang Mai, you upload it to your Flickr account, tag it as being taken ion Chiang Mai, add it to the Travelfish Group and, ... it should show up on the Chiang Mai page on Travelfish.

See it's easy ;-)

Why are we doing this? A couple of reasons, but mainly because we take pretty average pics, and we're sure you can do better! But more seriously, different people see the country they're travelling in in different ways, so we're hoping the group will give our readers the opportunity to experience the region through a wider set of eyeballs.

Anyways, we're still figuring out Flickr, so if there are any Flickr gurus out there, please do drop me a line as some expert advice would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Stuart @ Travelfish

#1 Posted: 9/1/2009 - 19:39

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Oh, and perhaps the address of the Flickr group would be a good idea? You can see it here: Travelfish Group on Flickr.

There's a few hundred pics in there already, but we'll be uploading another thousand or so over the weekend (assuming my internet connection holds out!)

#2 Posted: 9/1/2009 - 19:41

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi Somtam as i am heading off to thailand for 4 weeks next week i thought i'd join the above group on flickr.A question i have uploaded a photo from the previous trip when i was in nong khai. i seem to be having problems tagging this. maybe i'm a bit technically challenged. any ideas.by the way enjoy the layout and new format.as i'll be on koh chang sat week i suppose the new guide wont be available by then?
    Regards
    Swag

#3 Posted: 26/1/2009 - 06:04

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Swag,

I've added two tags to the pic -- one for NongKhai and the other for Thailand The former needs to be in quotes so "nong khai". In both cases they should show up on the respective pages for NK and Thailand, though I think it takes a few hours for them to flip over from Flickr to Travelfish.

Re Ko Chang , we had problems with the maps, so while the research has been updated, we didn't have maps - so we haven't done a Travelfish Guide for it. I'd suggest just making an eFish for it if you want to have the info for Ko Chang -- note there's a lot of it!

Glad you like the site thanks!

You in Thailand now? I'm flying up to Bangkok today and will be there for two weeks - if you fancy meeting up let me know.

Cheers

#4 Posted: 26/1/2009 - 06:11

• swag

Click here to learn more about swag
    Joined Travelfish
    28th March, 2007
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 6

Hi Somtam, thanks for the advice re:flickr tags i'll give that another try at some stage as i always enjoy taking pics of the local scenery and locals if they're o.k about it.i'll upload an e fish of chang as the maps aren't totally needed as this is a return visit. My wife and i will be flying in late fri 6th feb then early bus to laem ngop sat 7th for a week so looks as if we will miss out on meeting up as you will be probably back in indonesia.shame as would have enjoyed catching up over a singha and chatting about the new site and general travel,maybe next time.one comment about the new site personally i would luv to see the travel.com ad running perpindicular on the left edge.this could allow you to run the travelfish header above the great photos that are slightly obscured.maybe there could be a flickr guru that could organize a different photo from the travelfish group every day with tag.that would really make us jealous as we slave away at work.anyway good luck with the research interviews and hope the family is well
    swag

#5 Posted: 26/1/2009 - 08:58

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
My Laos photos on FLICKR ... By engl on 6 Jan 2013 0 855 6 Jan 2013