Photo: A walk in the fields near Tetebatu, Lombok.

About us forum

Travelfish: Bangkok-based travel-researcher wanted

Posted by somtam2000 on 25/1/2009 at 08:11 admin

We're looking for a Bangkok-based researcher to update and put together new content for Travelfish.org. While the position is Bangkok-based the successful candidate would have opportunities to travel in Thailand and the region. The position would be ideal for a native English-speaking blogger/writer with an interest in travel. It would fit well for someone who has other freelance gigs but a fair amount of free time up their sleeve. We're quite flexible.

This is NOT an Internet research job. The researcher must physically see everything they write about.

Payment is made on a per-destination basis. The bigger and more complex the destination covered, the higher the fee. A researcher doing a couple of trips a month to small- to medium-sized spots could expect to earn around 15,000 - 30,000 THB a month. The more you do, the more you earn.

I'll be in Bangkok from Monday 26 January for two weeks conducting interviews and trials. If you're interested in more information, please see the jobs page ( http://www.travelfish.org/jobs.php ) and follow through on the application process ASAP.

Thanks

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by lydiafarber on 5/2/2009 at 10:03

What is Stuart McDonald's email address that I can send my application to? Is the position still open? Thanks!

#2 lydiafarber has been a member since 5/2/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by chaos23 on 22/6/2009 at 01:04

hello somtam, is it possible to give you reviews for malaysian content, tipps and hints? i am working as a journalist and would like to help if i can after my next trip.

nonetheless, it is not the same as if it would be one of you going undercover and checking all :)

#3 chaos23 has been a member since 4/9/2008. Posts: 17

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.