Photo: A walk in the fields near Tetebatu, Lombok.

About us forum

Travelfish and Internet Explorer 6

Posted by somtam2000 on 19/2/2009 at 12:29 admin

If you're using Internet Explorer 6 as your web browser, from today onwards, you'll see a slightly different homepage to everyone else.

Instead of the photo of the woman from Chinese New Year in Bangkok, you'll see a pink box with a short note suggesting you consider either upgrading your browser to Internet Explorer 7, or (better still) switching to a different browser, like Firefox, Opera or Chrome.

IE6 homepage screenshot

This box will only appear to you once (unless you clear cookies, in which case it will appear once again).

It's just a suggestion, and Travelfish will continue to (mostly) work in IE6.

If the suggestion box doesn't go away after you reload, please post here and I'll look into it.

If you want to give Firefox, Opera or Chrome a whirl, you can download them here:
Firefox
Chrome
Opera

Cheers

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,498
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by BruceMoon on 2/7/2009 at 19:17

Somtam

I've been using Firefox for ages, but I also use the others for specific actions.

That said, I'm starting to believe that Opera is now better than Firefox. Seems more user friendly, and doesn't crash as much.

Cheers

#2 BruceMoon has been a member since 27/12/2008. Location: Australia. Posts: 1,941

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.