Photo: A walk in the fields near Tetebatu, Lombok.

About us forum

More map madness

Posted by somtam2000 on 6/7/2009 at 19:05 admin

So you remember the fancy Google Map thingy I added for Phnom Penh, well have just added another one (yes I know, a long time between maps!) this time for Melaka in Malaysia. But there's a new twist.

Whenever you're browsing individual properties, if I've got them tagged to the great googletron, you get a mini map that shows just where it is.

So for example, if you were making a beeline for the salubrious Travellers' Lodge you'll see a little map in the left column showing you (more or less) where it is!

Obviously this feature is only available for places that have a Google map -- that will grow over time.

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by SBE on 7/7/2009 at 18:56

You're a genius Somtam!

All these maps can be downloaded onto ipod I think?

I haven't got an ipod unfortunately. I looked at them last year and they seemed rather expensive so I bought a new camera instead for the same price. Is there any cheaper alternative to an ipod that would work? What about mobile phones?

#2 SBE has been a member since 14/4/2008. Location: Global Village. Posts: 2,002
 Where has SBE been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.