Scuba diving in Asia forum

Diving in Vietnam, Nha Trang. Reviews?

• DomesticG

Joined Travelfish
    3rd June, 2010

Hi there,

Can I get some experience from people who have dived in Vietnam - Nha Trang before?

I saw some pictures and they look pretty nice but asked a friend who came back from there, she commented that there's nothing much to see. Just the very usual marine life. No sharks, rays or turtles... To me, its fine, since I am just there to do my courses but it would be a bonus if the visibility is good and marine life is abundant.

Basically I'm just looking for a place that teaches OW & AOW at a low price (like Ko Tao). So I've emailed several dive schools in Vietnam and it seems the prices are pretty competitive to Ko Tao! I'm surprised... Here are some rates I've been given;

Rainbow Divers
    PADI AOW & OW - US$350 each
    Discount rate if I book online US$300 each

Coco Dive Centre
    SSI OW US$245, AOW US$210
    Discount rate if I book online OW US$220, AOW US$200

Angel Dive
    SSI OW US$235, AOW US$225
    Discount rate if I book online OW US$199, AOW US$190

I am definitely interested to do my course in SSI so I can save on the manual, etc... Does anyone have any good experience with Coco Dive or Angel Dive? I have read on Rainbow Divers and there have been a lot of raves, but doing with them means I have to spend an extra US$200. Not very ideal for a budget backpacking trip...

Let me know guys on what you think...

#1 Posted: 3/8/2010 - 12:58

• Advertisement

• DivingVietN-
    am

Joined Travelfish
    29th March, 2011
    Location United States

Posted from within Vietnam.

Aloha Fellow soon to be Scuba Divers..
    The Rates above have changed a Little Good for Us Shop owners and still GOOD price for You Students.. CHEAPEST IS NOT BEST WHEN DIVING.
    My Shop http://www.DivingVietnam.com Is Offering Introductory to Instructor Courses so If you are Interested in Scuba Diving in Nha Trang and Just Information about Viet Nam then give Us a Shout and Happy to Help you with any Questions Aloha Mark Scott's Diving Viet Nam with Aloha.

#2 Posted: 29/3/2011 - 17:26

• Space4travel

Joined Travelfish
    29th March, 2011

Hi Diving Vietnam,

Interested in diving in Vietnam maybe 2nd week in June, is this a good time? i am a total beginner, just tryin to check out prices but dont seem to be available on your site.

#3 Posted: 30/3/2011 - 17:48

• deepstar

Joined Travelfish
    18th May, 2011

I'm heading there also early June.
    I will report back

#4 Posted: 25/5/2011 - 17:14

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Divehappy reviews: Lonely Planet Diving And Snorkeling Thailand ... By somtam2000 on 19 Sep 2007 0 4655 19 Sep 2007
Diving/Snorkeling in Nha Trang or Hoi An in Jan.? ... By dnovsky on 17 Dec 2008 7 8211 29 Mar 2011