Scuba diving in Asia forum

getting a dive ticket

• Manticore

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2006
    Total reviews: 3

Ill be going top to tail next january and want to know if it is worthwhile getting a dive ticket while there. Is it expensive? Wheres a good place to obtain one?

#1 Posted: 30/11/2006 - 08:45

• Advertisement

• Kristi

Joined Travelfish
    4th September, 2006

Hey Manticore,
    When in January will you be in Hanoi?
    I'm also from Oz and will be finishing up my SE Asia trip in Hanoi from about 20th to 29th Jan. I'm also planning on heading up to Sapa, will be on my own so not sure whether to get a guide or just do something random!

I haven't been diving in Vietnam (but have been diving for 5years now) but it's meant to be brilliant. Nha Trang etc. Probably good to do your course there?!

#2 Posted: 30/11/2006 - 19:15

• Manticore

Joined Travelfish
    9th November, 2006
    Total reviews: 3

hi Kristi,

I will arrive in Hanoi 30th Dec and will probably spend up to 2 weeks in the north before making my way south. I plan to visit Sapa as well as Halong.
    I will definitely go thru Nha Trang and check out its dive facilities then. I hope its within my budget!
    Ive had guides before but I still enjoy the adventure that comes from traipsing around with no guide ;)
    hey maybe we will bump into each other somewhere in the middle of Jan!

#3 Posted: 1/12/2006 - 12:11

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.