Scuba diving in Asia forum

Learn to dive Thailand/Cambodia in September

• lainey

Joined Travelfish
    3rd July, 2011

Hi

I'm trying to decide where to learn to dive, in either Thailand or Cambodia. I'll be there in the wet season unfortunately (6 to 12 September). Does anyone have any suggestions, taking into account the season?

In Thailand I've been looking at Koh Tao, Ko Pha Ngan and Krabi (and surrounding beaches, including Ao Phang Nga and Hat Phra Nang / Railay). I've been told that Khao Lak, Ko Mak and Ko Ngai are beautiful too.

I'm having trouble working out where I can get PADI certified and where is the best for the season.

Cambodia is an alternative option.

Thanks.

#1 Posted: 3/7/2011 - 21:17

• Advertisement

• cybervlad

Click here to learn more about cybervlad
    Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2007
    Location Thailand

Hi!
    Regarding Thailand, I'd recommend to look at Koh Tao. First of all, it is located in the Gulf of Thailand, where weather is quite better than on Andaman coast at that time (September). See: http://www.travelfish.org/weather_fish.php
    Second "pro": Koh Tao is a "diver's island" with many diveshops, so you can make a better choice [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img]

#2 Posted: 8/7/2011 - 16:20

• mikethediver

Click here to learn more about mikethediver
    Joined Travelfish
    23rd March, 2008
    Location Thailand
    Total reviews: 3

Hi,
    I'd stick with Koh Tao. Has to be the cheapest place to learn to dive and you will be with many other divers.
    Couldn't recommend learning to dive in Cambodia at that time of year.

#3 Posted: 11/7/2011 - 09:27

• inspiredbyk-
    rissi

Joined Travelfish
    9th December, 2011

It has to be Thailand.

#4 Posted: 18/12/2011 - 06:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Beginners wanting to learn to dive on a budget.Where too start,Cambodia,Thailand or Malaysia ... By kernowfixing on 21 Feb 2010 9 11639 3 Jul 2011