Photo: Getting ready to dive near Komodo National Park.

Scuba diving in Asia forum

where to find divers?

Posted by alexrtw on 27/10/2011 at 07:02

I'm looking for a forum or network to connect with local divers around the world.
I'm about to leave for a Round The World tour and wanted to dive in as many countries as possible. A diver friend suggested the PADI Travel network [https://www.tripping.com/network/padi-travel-network], but before joining, I wanted to see if anybody here has ever tried it and if they recommend it.
Thanks!

#1 alexrtw has been a member since 27/10/2011. Posts: 1

Posted by ayesha on 27/10/2011 at 11:23 TF writer

Hi there !

There are many ways to connect with divers - this being one of them - Im a diver in Thailand - are you passing this way on your trip ?

Why not check out the site that you have mentioned too ? I have no experience of it and there are as well a site called Dive Buddies and one called Scuba Board too.

However wherever you go to dive you will meet divers, diving .....there are a lot of divers on their own and you will meet people in your dive group and though buddying up with them too. Dont worry - you will make dive friends for life on your trip for sure !

Please dont hesitate to message me if you need more information any anything !
Ayesha

#2 ayesha has been a member since 12/6/2009. Location: Thailand. Posts: 74
 Website   Twitter   Facebook    Google+ 

Posted by inspiredbykrissi on 23/12/2011 at 09:29

If you're not already a member you could try couchsurfing.org. There forums on there are pretty big and means alot of the people posting live in those areas. Sign up.. then look up the SCUBA diving forum. worth a try anyways :)

#3 inspiredbykrissi has been a member since 9/12/2011. Posts: 68
 Website   Twitter 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.