Scuba diving in Asia forum

January destinations

• Brute

Joined Travelfish
    16th December, 2012

Hi all. I am
    Looking to take a 3 week trip over late December early January and was looking for some advice.

Currently, I am between indonesia, Philippines and Malaysia for this trip, the focus will be mostly on diving, but beach time and some exploring/ eating are also important.

I am coming here for help. I have noticed that this is the rainy season In parts if Malaysia? As well as indo and ph.

Does anyone have recommendations on what would likely give me a combo of the best diving/ most sun days? I was in indonesia a few years ago near the end of the rainy season and loved it. It was my original plan but the rain has deterred me. I am considering Thailand but just did a Thai trip last year and would like something else. Any advice Is appreciated as I am getting a headache from searching and searching and searching and searching...

#1 Posted: 12/3/2013 - 16:10

• Advertisement

• Geer1

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2012
    Places visited:
    At least 42

East coast of Malaysia is monsoon during that time and diving won't be very good. West coast should be good though so it depends where in Malaysia you were planning to go.

#2 Posted: 12/3/2013 - 16:24

• Brute

Joined Travelfish
    16th December, 2012

Im open to anywhere where it's warm and diving is good and fairly inexpensive. I'm
    Also considering ecuador or Belize, but am really into Asia and have a tough time moving away from that idea.

#3 Posted: 12/3/2013 - 16:28

• azaman

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2013

I think, Thailand would be better for Brute. You may enjoy this trip in Thailand. Wishing you a very enjoyable trip!

Regards!

#4 Posted: 4/12/2013 - 06:23

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.