Scuba diving in Asia forum

one-day dive without certification in Koh Tao

• FaceTheHori-
    zon

Joined Travelfish
    1st June, 2013

Hello...

I previously did a one-day scuba dive with an instructor off of Cairns at the Great Barrier Reef. This trip, I'm traveling with a friend who is PADI certified, but I don't have the time to complete the whole course, either here at home or in Thailand.

So I'm looking for recommendations of good dive operators located in Koh Tao who offer one-day outings that allow me to dive in the Gulf and not just a pool. (Yes, I've done some Google-ing already; I just wanted to see what users here have to say.)

#1 Posted: 2/6/2013 - 13:10

• Advertisement

• superballs

Joined Travelfish
    4th June, 2013

Re the Burma thing, I did a tour with Golden Harp the other day (the taxi service run by released political prisoners) and they referred to it, to me, as Burma. Also met with another politically active group the other day and they referred to it as Burma. Others, hoteliers etc have been using Myanmar.

We'll be using Burma/Myanmar on the site but using the new city names (so Yangon not Rangoon) -- so I'm fitting in as many Rangoons and Burmas as I can before we put anything on the site.

#2 Posted: 4/6/2013 - 02:11

• azaman

Joined Travelfish
    3rd December, 2013

Yes, you are right. Myanmar is formerly called as Barma. The capital city is now called as Yangoon, not Rangoon.
    Thanks for a nice post!

#3 Posted: 4/12/2013 - 06:20

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
one-day scuba dive in Koh Tao without certification ... By FaceTheHorizon on 1 Jun 2013 3 2339 7 Jun 2013
Dive Certification questions ... By keatonec on 12 Jun 2010 3 3365 29 Mar 2011