Scuba diving in Asia forum

Ko Tao/Ko Samui-November

• violetj_98

Joined Travelfish
    11th September, 2009

Hi all,

We are planning a diving trip in Ko Tao first week of November. I know this is coming at the wet season, but I have read mixed things online about how badly Ko Tao is affected. Anyone have any advice about weather on Ko Tao during early November? Also, how bad could it get? Should I be worried about flight delays and such?

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 11/9/2009 - 03:06

• Advertisement

• travelhappy

Joined Travelfish
    24th September, 2007

Hi Violetj_98

I don't want to be the harbinger of doom, but I really would avoid Ko Tao in November. The monsoon really kicks in then. Quite a lot of Koh Tao residents leave the island during that month. There have been years where the ferries stop running to and from the island for several days, leaving everyone stranded(there's no airport on Tao).

You might get lucky and not have any bad weather but it's pretty risky. Better to head for the west coast to Koh Lanta, Phi Phi etc where the good weather will be just beginning.

Cheers
    Chris

#2 Posted: 12/9/2009 - 10:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.