Photo: Getting ready to dive near Komodo National Park.

Scuba diving in Asia forum

Ko Tao/Ko Samui-November

Posted by violetj_98 on 11/9/2009 at 03:06

Hi all,

We are planning a diving trip in Ko Tao first week of November. I know this is coming at the wet season, but I have read mixed things online about how badly Ko Tao is affected. Anyone have any advice about weather on Ko Tao during early November? Also, how bad could it get? Should I be worried about flight delays and such?

Thanks!

#1 violetj_98 has been a member since 11/9/2009. Posts: 1

Posted by travelhappy on 12/9/2009 at 10:27

Hi Violetj_98

I don't want to be the harbinger of doom, but I really would avoid Ko Tao in November. The monsoon really kicks in then. Quite a lot of Koh Tao residents leave the island during that month. There have been years where the ferries stop running to and from the island for several days, leaving everyone stranded(there's no airport on Tao).

You might get lucky and not have any bad weather but it's pretty risky. Better to head for the west coast to Koh Lanta, Phi Phi etc where the good weather will be just beginning.

Cheers
Chris

#2 travelhappy has been a member since 24/9/2007. Posts: 14
 Website 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.