Scuba diving in Asia forum

Good diving in Thailand in April

• hamalainen

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2010

Hello fellow travellers. I have been looking around this website for a while now and it's fantastic. Will be really helpful when I am going to SEA soon! Thanks!

Anywho, I will be in Thailand in April, and was wondering where you suggest the best place to dive would be.. is it still good diving on Koh Tao around that time or should I venture to the west coast? I have my open water cert already so I will just be doing fun dives.
    Are the whalesharks still around Koh Tao around April or is March better for that? I was planning on going to Malaysia in March but if the diving is better then I'll stick around for that first.

#1 Posted: 12/2/2010 - 21:26

• Advertisement

• ayesha

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about ayesha
    Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2009
    Location Thailand

Hi there !

I live and work on Koh Tao as a dive instructor and March April and May are prime whaleshark spotting times !

Let me know if you need anymore help and guidance.

Ayesha

#2 Posted: 14/2/2010 - 17:57

• hamalainen

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2010

Thanks Ayesha that's great info :)

Could you recommend any specific diving centres over there? I suppose you would recommend the one you work for though :)
    I would prefer maybe a smaller operation and not like a diving factory (if smaller dive centres even exist in Koh Tao that is)

Johanna

#3 Posted: 14/2/2010 - 18:22

• ayesha

TF writer
    Click here to learn more about ayesha
    Joined Travelfish
    12th June, 2009
    Location Thailand

Ha Ha !

You are right ofcourse I would recomend us ....lol

BUT we do teach at a small dive centre - we guarnteee never to teach in groups larger than four. Our instructors are expereinced. We offer a relaxed and felxible environment. We take our diving seriously but offer a fun and friendly atmosphere too.

However whatever you choose I am happy to help and offer advice - no problem !

Click on the link to see our website!

#4 Posted: 15/2/2010 - 22:15

• hamalainen

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2010

Cheers, I will definitely have a look on your website and let you know if I have any queries before coming over there :)

Might see you there in April!

#5 Posted: 16/2/2010 - 22:49

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
diving end of april ... By jeroenp on 14 Apr 2009 1 1347 15 Apr 2009