Australia forum

Flights to Aus

• tuck60

Joined Travelfish
    14th August, 2012

Anyone know what the best airline is to fly to a major city in Aus from Thailand.
    Thanks

#1 Posted: 27/1/2013 - 16:15

• Advertisement

• tezza

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2006
    Total reviews: 61

I use Jetstar, the budget branch of Qantas from Sydney direct to Phuket return a lot. The website has some good specials at present and allows you to book one way. Best to click the "I want the best fares around that date" button if you don't need to go on a specific date.
    Jetstar also flies out of Bangkok to Melbourne.
    You can fly onward to many other locations in Australia on their budget connections.

#2 Posted: 27/1/2013 - 22:06

• alisonmilli-
    ken

Joined Travelfish
    10th December, 2006
    Total reviews: 2

Depends a bit on your budget and if you want a full service or budget airline.

#3 Posted: 30/1/2013 - 22:14

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Also if you're happy to flight not-direct, look into AirAsia via KL or Scoot via Singapore -- get some very competitive rates, but the layover times can be brutal... get what you pay for :)

#4 Posted: 31/1/2013 - 22:08

• Eufunh

Joined Travelfish
    25th February, 2013
    Location China

I've frequently flown between Australia and Asian destinations. No matter how many times I try to do research on this I always end up using Jet Star. The price is good if you can get a direct flight and they have a direct to Melbourne from Bangkok. Recently I take the indirect flight from Beijing but it's still worth it.

Do let us know if you find an alternative that's worth it.

#5 Posted: 25/2/2013 - 06:35

• Mexi736

Joined Travelfish
    18th February, 2013

Happy International Women's day to all female travelers....enjoy.........................

#6 Posted: 8/3/2013 - 05:53

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.