Brunei forum

Brunei and bringing in alcohol in 2013

• RooX

Joined Travelfish
    3rd March, 2012

Anyone been to Brunei since the start of 2013? Had heard a rumor that as of Jan.1, they are no longer allowing people to bring alcohol across the border. Use to be a 12 pack and 2 bottles of hard/wine per person if I remember.

Interesting to see if they have changed this, might hurt what little tourism they had.

#1 Posted: 23/1/2013 - 15:43

• Advertisement

• MADMAC

Joined Travelfish
    6th June, 2009
    Total reviews: 10

It's not on my list of destinations anyway...

#2 Posted: 24/1/2013 - 00:02

• frere

Click here to learn more about frere
    Joined Travelfish
    27th September, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

do what the brunei moslem men do - slip across to sarawak; have a few drinks and a filipina for good measure.

#3 Posted: 8/5/2013 - 11:03

• brentwise

Joined Travelfish
    4th November, 2013

Intriguing to see whenever they possess altered that, might damage what exactly very little travel they'd.

#4 Posted: 4/11/2013 - 20:37

• jackwilliam-

Joined Travelfish
    5th December, 2013

@frere well said,
    Yes i heard that, but i don't have full knowledge...

#5 Posted: 17/12/2013 - 09:41

• seowork

Joined Travelfish
    22nd December, 2013

hi
    Travellers by air are advised to make their purchases before departure, as duty-free alcohol is not available at the airport in Brunei .
    On arrival into Brunei, you must declare any alcohol by simply filling in the yellow import forms available at the airport after you exit immigration and before customs checks. You should be able to show the merchandise too. If you arrive by car, simply request for these forms from the custom officers, fill it in and hand back to the officers for acknowledgement. You'll be given an official stamp/ signature.

#6 Posted: 27/12/2013 - 23:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.