Burma forum

Considering Burma

• babiguling

Joined Travelfish
    13th April, 2010

I'm going to be in SE Asia for about a month and a half and am considering going to Myanmar. I mainly want to see Bagan and Mt. Popa and wanted to know how much time should I allocate for a trip. I was hoping for five to eight days but I think this might not be enough time. I've read the buses and trains from yangon to bagan take practically a whole day. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

#1 Posted: 14/4/2010 - 14:56

• Advertisement

• Tilapia

Click here to learn more about Tilapia
    Joined Travelfish
    21st April, 2006
    Location Canada
    Total reviews: 15
    Places visited:
    At least 113

8 days would be fine if all you want to see is Bagan and Popa. You won't regret spending more time in the country, though.

#2 Posted: 14/4/2010 - 19:05

• anotherlost-
    soul

Joined Travelfish
    14th September, 2009

I'm sure that Myanmar would be the highlight of your trip. Using flights you could visit Yangon, Bagan and Mt Popa (a daytrip from Bagan) in 5 days. In 8 days you could visit Inle Lake as well (3 flights). If you can spare longer, Myanmar is a country to be savoured. www.mrmyanmartravel.com is a reliable local agency for flights, etc. The website has lots of useful info to give you a good idea of what there is to see.

#3 Posted: 21/4/2010 - 15:27

• nishantk

Joined Travelfish
    26th October, 2010

Well, let me inform you something more about this tiny land and gorgeous beauty. Don't forget to inquire about the concept of GNH, which is simply magnificent. In fact, usually the growth and development of nations is seen with the yardstick of GDP.

Well, in case of Bhutan it's the GNH (Gross National Happiness), which distinguishes this wonderful land.

#4 Posted: 26/10/2010 - 20:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.