Burma forum

The Elections

• timmy2legs

Joined Travelfish
    25th July, 2010

I am considering a 3-4 week trip into Burma around October. Without a set date for the proposed election, if it occurs when I'm there, how much disruption might it cause?

#1 Posted: 26/7/2010 - 18:34

• Advertisement

• kkym

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2010
    Location Myanmar / Burma

All the parties have 90 days to report their member list and some parties are still registering. So you shouldn't worry about October. May be later.

#2 Posted: 29/7/2010 - 13:43

• kkym

Joined Travelfish
    6th April, 2010
    Location Myanmar / Burma

According to the latest news the election date is confirmed as Nov 7th. So you should have no problem.

#3 Posted: 14/8/2010 - 12:12

• timmy2legs

Joined Travelfish
    25th July, 2010

Thanks for that kym. I saw that on the news this morning too. I can't wait to get there now.

#4 Posted: 14/8/2010 - 12:52

• noakess

Joined Travelfish
    14th February, 2010

I've planned to go mid Dec-Jan, worries it might not be good idea, any advice? best to wait and see? flying into Bangkok - so can travel north Thailand instead i guess...

#5 Posted: 14/8/2010 - 23:35

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.