Burma forum

Getting USD in Bangkok for Burma

• backpackerm-
    att

Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2010

What is the easiest way to obtain clean USD in Bangkok right before I fly to Yangon?

#1 Posted: 15/9/2010 - 01:47

• Advertisement

• exacto

Joined Travelfish
    12th February, 2006
    Location United States
    Total reviews: 47
    Places visited:
    At least 98

hey matt,

i'm guessing you are already in Thailand, so bringing them with you from home isn't an option anymore. if you'll be in Cambodia before you head to Burma, the ATMs there distribute clean US dollars. otherwise, i imagine any Thai bank will be able to trade Thai baht for US dollars for you. that's pretty much what the locals do when they need foreign exchange too. unfortunately, the rate won't be the best, but it shouldn't be too awful. cheers.

#2 Posted: 15/9/2010 - 02:08

• backpackerm-
    att

Joined Travelfish
    15th September, 2010

I'm still at home so I have some options I guess. My trip starts in Singapore and I don't want to carry all that cash with me for a month beforehand. Could I cash travelers checks into USD?

#3 Posted: 15/9/2010 - 08:41

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.