Burma forum

Burma Visa

• jackymoon

Joined Travelfish
    20th October, 2010

What is involved in getting a tourist visa for Burma, and how long does it take once in Bangkok?  Thanks!

#1 Posted: 20/10/2010 - 09:52

• Advertisement

• krisim

Joined Travelfish
    20th July, 2006
    Total reviews: 8

We did it in Bangkok in February and it wasn't a big problem. Of course you had to queue for it and you have to fill in a form where you have to answer a lot of questions about what job you have, and your job before that and some questions about your parents. You also need passport photoes (I think it was3) and you need to show your flight tickets. For us it took 3 working days, but I guess it can vary.
    Have a nice trip, Burma is fantastic!

#2 Posted: 21/10/2010 - 14:26

• KRStamm

Joined Travelfish
    10th September, 2007

I sent mine to the Embassy in DC last week. it took 2 days to get there Fed X they processed it with in 5 days and are sending it back to me, they are very nice at the Embassy. We made an itinerary with an idea of what we are planning. Also 2 copies of pictures and plane tickets. We DO NOT have a flight yet to Burma we have a flight from SFO to BKK. Its SEA so I dont plan much- just go with it more or less. We leave November 14th for our honeymoon arrive BKK the 16th and plan to fly to Yangon the 17th.

My concern now is Cyclone Giri. It looks to be ripping through the coast now with 135+ winds. Some sources say that it is stronger than Nargis. Many NGO's seem to be preparing for a major "humanitarian disaster". Mudslides, landslides, and flooding are expected. I worry about not being able to go as well as a huge catastrophe If anyone has any updates from Burma in the next few days please contact me.

#3 Posted: 23/10/2010 - 04:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.