Burma forum

How to go fro Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport to Hualamphong train station

• ilovetravel-
    ling

Joined Travelfish
    13th December, 2010

Hi everyone!!
    I need a help about the transfer from the international airport to the train station (where i'm going to catch a train to chumpton). How can I get there? can someone give me some tips!?
    bus, subway?! thank you a lot!!
    I am a litte bit nervous about that and I really hope to find someone who can give me a hand!!! Thanks guys!! Cheers

#1 Posted: 13/12/2010 - 01:16

• Advertisement

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

Hi!

What time will you arrive? If you arrive after midnight, taxi will be your only option.

Otherwise, it seems the Airport Express train is the best way to go.

http://www.suvarnabhumiairport.com/to_from_airport_link_en.php

You get off at Makkasan and go to the Petchburi MRT station. Than take the MRT to Hualomphong MRT Station

#2 Posted: 13/12/2010 - 08:48

• Fettnoi72

Joined Travelfish
    26th November, 2005
    Total reviews: 5

Hi!

There are Busses directly from the Suvarnabhumi Arrival Terminal (Level 1) to Hualampong start 5AM to 12PM
    Bus : AE 4 Suvarnabhumi - Hualampong ; Ticket :150 TBHT

Check out this link:
    http://bangkok.sawadee.com/airport/trans.htm#Airport_Shuttle_Bus

Timetable for the Trains to the South:
    http://sawadee.com/transfer/train-south.htm

#3 Posted: 14/12/2010 - 02:19

• ilovetravel-
    ling

Joined Travelfish
    13th December, 2010

thank you a lot!! yes I think I am gonna catch the AE bus!!
    another little help... I d like to book online the train to Chupton but I cant do that from the national train website (the page doesn't work) do you knows guys a way to book it!?! i want to catch the one around 7.30pm and for sure the first class is gonna be fully booked on the same day (25th December). thanks guys!!

#4 Posted: 14/12/2010 - 15:32

• goonistik

Joined Travelfish
    7th January, 2010
    Location Philippines
    Places visited:
    At least 9

Please check out the information here

http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm#How to book

#5 Posted: 14/12/2010 - 21:45

• Maryanne

Joined Travelfish
    19th June, 2013

Make absolutely sure that if you ever take a taxi from the airport they put the meter on before they start moving.
    Don't believe them when they tell you 500 baht or 600 baht to Bangkok. It is absolutely not true.
    You have to pay 50 baht at the desk to go in a Taxi Que from the airport arrival floor, any Taxi that tried to charge a fixed price instead of a meter get out and go to the desk to complain. Many travelers don't know or don't complain and that is why it happens so much these days.

Or if you want to be savvy, when you walk out of your arrivals area go back upstairs to the departure floor, and grab a taxi that is dropping someone off. No extra fees to pay and they are usually very happy to catch another customer without having to go back down to the que. DO this discreetly or they will stop it...

#6 Posted: 19/6/2013 - 06:20

• freiburger

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2012

Maybe your information is a little outdated and the thread is really old anyway.

When you catch a Taxi at arrival you have to pay nothing at the counter. Just tell them where you wanna go and they give you a bunch of paper you hand out to the driver. The driver will go by meter. Since 2 years nobody is aksing at the airport for the 450 baht anymore. The driver will ask you if you wanna go by tollway. If you agree then either the driver pay ahead or he ask you for money for the toll. Either way at the end of the journey you pay the rate on the meter, plus 50 baht airport fee and the tollway fee.

by the way, as far as I know they don't charg the 50 baht and Suvarnabhumi, only at Don Muang I think they still do.

This is so far my experience, the last trips from Suvarnabhumi I never payd the 50 Baht extra.

Maybe if you pick up a taxi at departure they will try to cheat you and sell you the 450 Baht ride. If you go by meter and traffic is low the fare is around 300 to 350 Baht all in.

#7 Posted: 19/6/2013 - 09:32

• jedai2007

Joined Travelfish
    9th July, 2014

Hi,

Is AE 4 Bus still up to date going to Hualamphong station from BKK Suvarnabhumi? Is it still 150 baht? Until what time is the last trip?

Because i'll be arriving in BKK Suvarnabhumi at 11:50PM, is bus AE4 still available or the last option would be taxi?I need to catch the 05:55 am train from hualamphong station going to Aranyaprathet and will be visiting Siem Reap too.If you could give me some advice and details when it comes to fare,transpo and schedule.

Thanks in advance.!!!

#8 Posted: 9/7/2014 - 20:14

• Fettnoi72

Joined Travelfish
    26th November, 2005
    Total reviews: 5

hello.
    As far as I know, do the BUS-Lines on Level1 not exist anymore.
    Please check-out the GOONISTIK-Post (13.12.2010)with AIRPORT EXPRESS TRAIN info.
    Starting from the Ground-Floor to MAKASSAN. Interchange with MRT there (a little bit to walk, not recommandable with too much luggage. Backpack however no problem!) Tickets alt. ?
    Ckeck-out the fares in the net.

TAXI 75 Bath Highway Fee + approx. 225 Bath Meter.

#9 Posted: 10/7/2014 - 01:03

• jedai2007

Joined Travelfish
    9th July, 2014

Thanks a lot Fettnoi72.

Because I'm scared to get a taxi because as what I've read there's a lot of driver who will give you a high rate. so I'm thinking what's the best transport I could use to go to Hualamphong station since i'll be arriving late around 11:50 Pm.If taxi the most that they can charge me is around 300-350 Baht including the toll fee right?

#10 Posted: 10/7/2014 - 01:17

• Advertisement

• freiburger

Joined Travelfish
    27th December, 2012

Don't be afraid of Taxi drivers. I take them regularly and never had a bad experience.

Go to the official taxi cue. Dont't remember which level, but just follow the signs or check on the official airport website. It is on arrival level, don't take one from departure level if you feel unsafe. Cue in outside and take a ticket from the taxi counter. Then the taxi driver will guide you to his car. Just to be on the safe side, tell him with taxi meter. But anyway, he must turn on his taxi meter. You are quite safe, since you have the paper form you got on the counter with his name and license. Never had any problems with the drivers. They all use taxi meter. Might be different if you just catch a Taxi at departure level.

You have to pay him the highway toll at the toll gates and the standard taxi rate. So if you have no traffic jam, it should be 300 to 350 Baht. I usually go to Asok, there is always a jam on the intersection going on Sukh. The area around Hualamphong is highly congested too. So maybe you have to pay 400 Baht.

If you arrive 11:50 PM, it might be difficult with Airporttrain and MRT. Check when the last MRT leaves Makasan. It can be 1:30 or 2 AM until you arrive at makasan. Anyway, going with luagage in MRT is no fun, because they make security checks. If the guard is bored you might unpack your whole backpack. Seen once at Hualamphong MRT station. And changing at night with luagage at Makasan is not recommended.

Good luck and have fun

#11 Posted: 10/7/2014 - 02:43

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Suvarnabhumi (BKK) airport to Hualamphong station ... By Chicagojosh85 on 21 Nov 2012 9 3622 24 Nov 2012
Suvarnabhumi (BKK) airport to Hualamphong station connection ... By sashanyc28 on 1 Jan 2010 8 14080 11 Jul 2010
From Suvarnabhumi Airport to Hualamphong Station going to Aranyaprathet ... By jedai2007 on 9 Jul 2014 11 713 22 Jul 2014
Transfer times from BKK Suvarnabhumi to Hualamphong Train Station ... By MoreAdventures on 3 Jan 2014 8 767 6 Jan 2014
From Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK) to the train station. ... By atarigangster on 26 Apr 2013 5 1633 26 Apr 2013
Suvarnabhumi Airport to don muang train station ... By woodyuk on 16 Oct 2008 6 9078 20 Oct 2008
Hua Lamphong train station to Suvarnabhumi airport? ... By Emma23 on 23 May 2012 2 6681 24 May 2012
Hualumpong train station Vs. Bangkok Airport for storage? ... By translasian on 21 Aug 2006 0 2466 21 Aug 2006
Guesthouse recommendation near the Bangkok Hualamphong station. ... By jsmckelvey on 16 May 2008 0 4073 16 May 2008
Overnight Train from Suvarnahumbi airport to Chiang Mai - which train station is closest? ... By etsai026 on 14 Oct 2006 1 3090 15 Oct 2006