Burma forum

Kawthoung / Victoria Point

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

Hi

3 questions if I may about Kawthoung / Victoria Point as thinking about a weeks stay rather than a simple visa run

1. How long is the visa on entry valid?
    2. Assuming it is valid for more than one day are there any cheap guest houses/hotels that anyone would recommend?
    3. Are there places outside of Kawthoung / Victoria Point that are accessible/interesting and and OK to visit with visa obtained on entry (either for day trips or overnight)

Thanks

#1 Posted: 19/8/2011 - 17:38

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

1. The $10 Myanmar VOA is valid for 14 days, including the day of arrival and the day of departure.

2. Not really. The Honey Bear Hotel in Kaw Thaung doesn't look particularly attractive from the outside and I've heard it's quite expensive. I think there's a second place that foreigners can stay there but I've never heard anyone recommending either place.

3. You can only travel a very limited way into the country overland....maybe 35Km or so (don't know exactly). You MIGHT be able to get further into Myanmar if you fly though. Probably only by using Myanmar Airways, a govt owned airline with a poor maintenance and safety record.

#2 Posted: 19/8/2011 - 20:30

• amnicoll

Joined Travelfish
    10th January, 2005
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 6

Thank you, I thought the visa was valid for more than the day and was therefore hoping that it would make an intesting stay for a few days but I had not found much information on the area apart from the visa run.

#3 Posted: 20/8/2011 - 17:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.