Burma forum

Myanmar--looking for advice on mid-range, cool, friendly accomodations...and other tips! (4/12)

• valerie1213

Joined Travelfish
    19th February, 2012

My partner and I will be in Myanmar for 2-3 weeks in April, and we're seeking advice on all aspects of the trip. If anyone can answer ANY of the following, please do so--we'd love to hear from you.

1. What were your favorite accommodations?
    We love simple, clean, spots with private bathrooms--nothing too fancy, but nothing too dingy either (we both did the hostel thing in our 30s and, while that was fun, we're willing to pay a bit more for scenic and clean accommodations). All suggestions welcome!

2. Did you take any great tours or work with any wonderful (privately owned) tour companies.
    We want to try spread our tourist dollars around to local folks, to the extent possible. If you took a great tour of any particular site and loved your tour company, please let me know.

3. What did you plan in advance?
    We're trying to figure out whether we need to plan accommodations and internal travel in advance.

4. Care to share your itinerary?
    We'd love to know where you went!

Thanks!

#1 Posted: 19/2/2012 - 16:01

• Advertisement

• Royalsithu

Joined Travelfish
    15th February, 2012
    Location Myanmar / Burma

Hi! valere
    1. Most of the hotel are clean and friendly , but most in family run hotel .
    For April , it will be difficult to get room , you can'thave a chance to choose the hotel as your wish .
    2.There are so many reliable and good freelance tour operator and private owntour company in Myanmar . Here is the contact of good and reliable touroperator http://www.onestop-myanmar.com/tours.html ,operator.onestop@gmail.com , mthsya@gmail.com
    3.To get the room and not to waste your time , you should make in advance foryour hotel and air tickets for internal . Nowadays , the hotel prices are goingup and have difficult in room available so , you should try for your trip withlocals to get the low prices . For your internal flight , although you can buythe tickets by yourself before two days your departure date at the air line ,itwill be very expensive than make by travel agent and waste your visited time .So , Try with some local agent or good tour operator for your trip in advance.
    NOTE : There is Myanmar New year festival in April , from 12 April to 17 April. At that time , the transportation fees are also going up ( Especially in carand in our big four destinations ) .
    4. For travelers to Myanmar for first , they should try in our big four (Yangon , Mandalay , Bagan and Inle ) but there are also some interesting placein Myanmar . Our big four is enough for the first time travelers . So , here issuggestion itinerary
    Day 1: Arrival and Yangon
    Day 2: Yangon - Bago - Golden rock by car and overnight at the top ofmountain
    Day 3: Golden rock - Yangon by car
    Day 4: Yangon - Mandalay by flight or overnight bus
    Day 5: Mandalay and around ( Amarapura , Sagaing and Inwa )
    Day 6: Mandaly to Mingun by boat and leisure at the biggest teak bridge ( UBein's Bridge) with sunset
    Day 7:Mandaly - Monywa by car and overnight at Monywa
    Day 8: Monywa - Bagan by car
    Day 9 : Bagan sightseeing
    Day 10 : Bagan Sightseeing ( Note : It will be getting too hot in Bagan inApril )
    Day 11:Bagan - Heho by morning flight and proceed heho-Pindaya -Kalaw
    Day 12: Kalaw-Inle (trekking ) and overnight at monastery
    Day 13: Kalaw-Inle ( Trekking ) and leisure at hotel
    Day 14: Inle lake and Indein Sightseeing
    Day 15 : Visit Kakku and Taunggyi
    Day 16: Heho - Yangon by flight
    Day 17: Yangon Sightseeing
    Day 18 : Departure
    Note: you should have an extra day in Yangon not to miss your internationalflight because Myanmar airlines are not reliable .
    If you need any further more information , do not hesitate !
    May you have a great time in Myanmar !
    with regards,
    Royal

#2 Posted: 22/2/2012 - 02:22

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Budget accommodation in Yangon can be pretty dingy and is often not in very scenic locations. If you can afford it, try the Alamanda Inn when you're in Yangon. It's relatively pricey (about 50 euros a night I think). I haven't stayed there myself but I met a couple in Indonesia who raved about the place a few months ago and it gets rave reviews on Trip Advisor too. My friends said you'd definitely need to book in advance to get a room there though, so book sooner rather than later if it seems the kind of place you're looking for.

#3 Posted: 22/2/2012 - 18:10

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.