Burma forum

Mae Sot/Myawaddy Border Xing

• AngusW

Joined Travelfish
    4th April, 2012

Hi there,

Has anyone out there had recent experience crossing from Burma to Thailand via the Mae sot/Myawaddy crossing?

Cheers,

Angus

#1 Posted: 9/4/2012 - 16:59

• Advertisement

• SBE

Click here to learn more about SBE
    Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2008
    Location Global Village
    Total reviews: 5
    Places visited:
    At least 2

Ah.

See the answer I just posted to another question you asked. I'm pretty sure you can't do it!

#2 Posted: 9/4/2012 - 17:27

• stoneman

Joined Travelfish
    8th May, 2010
    Location Australia
    Total reviews: 9

From everything I've read over recent weeks it is not possible. All borders are closed for overland crossings. I have read that an application for a permit can be made through a Burmese travel agent to cross from Tachiliek to Mae Sai so whether a permit is possible from Burma via Mae Sot you would have to enquire through a travel agent. I'm hoping things will change in the future.

#3 Posted: 3/5/2012 - 06:31

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Ranong to Siem Reap - which is the best border xing to take? ... By danceswithrose on 16 Oct 2010 0 2262 16 Oct 2010