Burma forum

11 Day Itinerary

• PaulJB

Joined Travelfish
    12th September, 2012

Hi Guys,

Any advice would be great!, my itinerary is different than other ones I have seen as I want to fly into Yangon and out of Mandalay(meaning that I dont do the usual route Yangon-Bago-Mandalay-Isle-Yangon).

I am looking to go, Yangon-Bagan-Inle-Mandalay.

Queries I have already are,

1) the flight between Bagan and Inle is with Bagan Air, are they reliable and have people heard of this flight before?
    2) Does the time breakup for the locations look right?
    3) I am leaving Myanmar on the 13th of April which is the starting day of the water festival. Is this going to be a problem, also should I push the whole trip back 2 days to experience 2 days of the festival in Mandalay?

Itinerary -
    Day 0. Yangon Night Arrival (6.20pm Air asia)
    Day 1. Yangon - Sightseeing
    Day 2. Yangon - Sightseeing
    Day 3. Yangon-Bagan - Morning flight (6.30-7.30 Myanmar Air) - Sightseeing
    Day 4. Bagan- Sightseeing
    Day 5. Bagan- Sightseeing
    Day 6. Bagan-Heho - Morning flight (8.05-8.45 Bagon Air), Heho-Pindaya-Inle by car
    Day 7. Inle Lake - Sightseeing
    Day 8. Inle Lake-Mandalay - Arvo flight (4.20-4.55 Myanmar Air)
    Day 9. Mandalay- Sightseeing
    Day 10.Mandalay-Sightseeing
    Day 11.Mandalay-Bangkok - Morning flight (10.45-1.00 Air Asia)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

#1 Posted: 12/9/2012 - 15:31

• Advertisement

• emptyman

Joined Travelfish
    17th August, 2012

You have nice itinerary, just make sure you have booked with reliable travel agency. Otherwise you need to worry for land transportation because they will be relax during the water festival.

#2 Posted: 12/9/2012 - 23:49

• SEADragon

Joined Travelfish
    14th December, 2012

Hi Paul,

Your itinerary is nice. It's the classic tour of Myanmar with the major sites.
    I must say I like Bagan and Inle much more than the other 2 cities (Rangoon and Mandalay), so if you are short on time, I would recommend you focus on these 2 but your time split is OK as is.
    Happy travelling.

#3 Posted: 14/12/2012 - 23:42

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.