Burma forum

TOUR AGENCY

• gracetandil

Joined Travelfish
    4th December, 2008

We are taking a tour package in Myanmar, 8 days, 7 nights, with Myanmar Delight agency. Do you know this agency? Is it common that agencies charge for the use of a camera? What are zone fees? That is strange, at least to me... Can you help me?

#1 Posted: 3/10/2012 - 05:17

• Advertisement

• steviej

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 2
    Places visited:
    At least 32

Hi,

Camera fees are common in and around Burma when you visit particular sites and I think the Zone Fee is the fee you pay for visiting such sites.

A couple of examples are the $5 entry fee for Shwedagon Paya and a fee of K500 for taking a camera to Mandalay Hill.

#2 Posted: 3/10/2012 - 06:10

• Kalli

Joined Travelfish
    9th October, 2012

Hi, camera fees are common all over the world. Little bit strange that the travel agency charges. Usually you have to pay it with the entrance. If the entrances are included in your trip it make sense to charge for the camera as well.
    If you go by car,you need to have special permitts for some roads. This is a zone fee. Before the travel agency can start, they have to ask for the permitts and pay them in advance.
    Have a nice time.

#3 Posted: 9/10/2012 - 17:07

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Tour Agency.... Opinion? ... By jivie798 on 8 Feb 2011 0 1931 8 Feb 2011
ITAT tuk-tuk, tour agency scam Bangkok ... By pabloeskimo on 9 Jul 2012 13 6739 6 Jan 2013