Burma forum

Visa On Arrival

• dbaroncelli

Joined Travelfish
    18th October, 2012

Posted from within Vietnam.

So, anyone can clarify if the tourist (not business) Visa On Arrival is currently available at the Yangoon International Airport for the famous 26 countries? (runei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Viet Nam, Australia, China, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom, United States of America.)

In that case, do you need to apply online before?

Many thanks for any clarification!!

Daniele

#1 Posted: 18/10/2012 - 01:15

• Advertisement

• lissie45

Joined Travelfish
    7th April, 2011
    Location New Zealand

No visa on arrival for tourists - get it before you arrive e.g. Bangkok

#2 Posted: 20/10/2012 - 05:01

• nipitiri

Joined Travelfish
    30th October, 2010

You could check with a local travel agent. I was told that the embassy information tends to be misleading and that people have got visa-on-arrival for tourists in Yangon airport without problems. Also from other countries, not listed above. The travel agent will have to do some paperwork because without a confirmation in hand you will not be able to board a plain to Yangon.

#3 Posted: 26/10/2012 - 01:32

• enigmatic

Joined Travelfish
    14th April, 2011
    Total reviews: 11

Why waste time and money with a travel agent for a VOA that might not work when you can get a visa from the Bangkok embassy with ease?

#4 Posted: 29/10/2012 - 08:48

• lazynay

Joined Travelfish
    13th November, 2012

I have seen a few people recommend getting the visa from the Myanmar embassy in Bangkok - approx how long does it take to get the visa? Can I go in and get it same day or do I have to wait a few days?

And if it's doable same day, how long did you wait at the embassy?

Thanks!!!

#5 Posted: 13/11/2012 - 00:20

• steviej

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 2
    Places visited:
    At least 23

Same day Visa around 1350B. Get there well before they open at 09:00hrs.

48hr turn around is around 850B.

#6 Posted: 14/11/2012 - 12:32

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.