Burma forum

Thoughts on 2 week itinerary?

• janzak

Joined Travelfish
    29th January, 2013

Hey guys! Going to Burma tomorrow, making a rough itinerary for movements across the country. What do you think?

1. Arrive Yangon
    2. Arrive Mandalay
    3. Arrive Bagan
    4. Bagan
    5. Bagan
    6. Arrive Kalaw
    7. Kalaw
    8. Kalaw
    9. Leave trek to Inle
    10. Arrive trek to Inle
    11. Inle
    12. Inle
    13. Arrive Yangon
    14. Leave for BKK

Overall skipping Yangon and Mandalay since I'm more interested in indigenous areas and I can see painted rocks and royal palaces elsewhere :)

#1 Posted: 29/1/2013 - 05:10

• Advertisement

• steviej

Joined Travelfish
    18th March, 2006
    Location United Kingdom
    Total reviews: 2
    Places visited:
    At least 32

'Burma', 'Tomorrow' & 'Rough Itinerary' are strange bedfellows but here goes:

First and foremost I take it you have booked your return flights DMK-RGN/RGN-DMK?

If your intention is to skip Mandalay, you can go direct to Bagan from Yangon then concentrate on Kalaw and Inle Lake. I hope you've sorted some, if not all, accommodation while you're over there.

Good luck.

#2 Posted: 29/1/2013 - 15:55

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
3 Week Honeymoon Itinerary - Your Thoughts? ... By bolabear on 30 Mar 2010 7 3627 4 May 2011
1 week in Thailand.. thoughts on itinerary? ... By Darrenincanada on 29 Aug 2012 10 3584 4 Sep 2012
8 week trip to Thailand/Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam in June-August...your thoughts and help please? ... By mrnice88 on 25 Apr 2010 5 4582 5 Jul 2010