Burma forum

Recommended Drivers in Burma?

• bradmcfc81

Click here to learn more about bradmcfc81
    Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

Hi All,

I'm looking for any suggestions of recommended drivers for a 3 week trip to Burma at the beginning of December? Any help would be much appreciated.

Brad

#1 Posted: 13/7/2013 - 03:30

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Do you mean a single driver for the whole trip or piecemeal drives?

#2 Posted: 13/7/2013 - 09:15

• bradmcfc81

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

A single driver for the whole trip preferably. There's a few online that I've looked at, but any feedback from ones that have been used would be handy.

#3 Posted: 13/7/2013 - 10:15

• bradmcfc81

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

Having done a fair bit of research on this, it would seem that a number of "drivers" are out there to make a quick buck from the new wave of tourists that are planning on visiting the country. I've had a variety of ridiculous quotes emailed back for suggested 14 - 21 day itineraries, ranging from $1000 - $2500! This literally being for a driver and fuel - nothing else.

I'm all for people making a bit of money, but it would seem that these figures are being plucked from thin air, and without any thought other than to rip off unsuspecting tourists. I think sticking to the buses/coaches is probably the best way forward!

#4 Posted: 8/8/2013 - 08:20

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

So you want to have a single driver for your entire trip? It really doesn't make any sense. Just find new drivers at each destination (and you don't even need drivers at some destinations like the beaches, Kalaw and Nyaung Shwe) also every driver that I dealt with was honest. The Intercity VIP busses, while occasionally late, are comfy and more efficient than you might think.

#5 Posted: 8/8/2013 - 21:29

• bradmcfc81

Joined Travelfish
    21st June, 2009
    Location United Kingdom

It made sense in that by having one driver, we wouldn't need to organise different drivers at different destinations, and being on a fairly tight schedule this sort of made sense to begin with. The VIP bus sounds like the best option (like you said) and we're going to use them.

#6 Posted: 11/8/2013 - 02:48

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.