Burma forum

first timer

• muskey

Joined Travelfish
    21st February, 2010
    Location United Kingdom

Hello. Im planning a trip to Myanmar around the 23rd of December. This is my first visit to this country, so any advise would be appreciated. My plan is to fly to mandalay from Bangkok for a 7-8 night stay, from there im clueless... although bagan looks amazing. I enjoy sightseeing.. a good cold beer and sharing stories with any other polite travellers. Thankyou

#1 Posted: 13/8/2013 - 10:48

• Advertisement

• mattocmd

Joined Travelfish
    13th June, 2007
    Location United States

Nyaung Shwe was my favorite destination because of Inle Lake. I'll also suggest Chaung Tha beach if you like beaches and Kalaw if you like trekking.

#2 Posted: 13/8/2013 - 18:59

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

How long in total in Burma - do you mean 7-8 days in Mandalay or 7-8 days in Burma in total.

Cheers

#3 Posted: 13/8/2013 - 20:45

• JaiYen88

Joined Travelfish
    25th April, 2012
    Total reviews: 2

Go to Bagan...take the slow boat from Mandalay along the Irrawaddy, it takes about 12 hours, and you will see some amazing sights along the way. And then, Bagan is just... well, Bagan.

#4 Posted: 16/8/2013 - 12:02

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.