Burma forum

Advice on itinerary

• Harry05

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2007

Looking forward to my visit to Myanmar and already made a global itinerary which look like this:

Air Asia flight Bangkok-Mandalay december 12th, Mandalay (12-13)
    Bagan (14-17) if possible transport by boat Mandalay-Nyaung U
    Kalaw (18-20) transport by flight Nyaung U-Heho
    Inle Lake (21-24)
    Mandalay (25)
    Pyin Oo Lwin (26-27)
    Kyaukme (28-30) transport Pyin Oo Lwin-Kyaukme by train (Gokteik viaduct)
    Hsipaw (dec. 31 - jan. 1-2)
    Mandalay (3-4)
    Yangon (5-6) transport Mandalay-Yangon by flight, Air Asia flight Yangon-Bangkok (jan 7th)

Some questions about this:
    *Would it be good to do the leg Mandalay-Hsipaw v/v from/during (our) X-mas/New Year period? Will this period influence travelling, markets etc.? Or better do this leg earlier during my trip?
    * Same about Bagan/Inle Lake, would it be good to do this leg before X-mas/New Year period?
    * I know this is high season, would it be necessary to arrange transport/accomodation far in advance (my idea is to wait till I am in Mayanmar)? In which/all parts of my trip?
    * Other advice on my itinerary (I have no fixed itinerary and some flexible dates in Mandalay)?
    Thanks answering,

Harry

#1 Posted: 24/9/2013 - 14:53

• Advertisement

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.