admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Just a quick note to let you know we've opened the first part of our Burma (Myanmar) coverage within the destination guide. At the moment it is just the overview pieces, but the details hotel & guesthouse, restaurant and sights reviews will be appearing later this week.

It's by no means comprehensive -- yet -- but we'll be building more coverage in soon -- we've another month-long trip there commencing in November when we'll be covering Mandalay and more.

Happy planning!

#1 Posted: 2/10/2013 - 05:10

• Advertisement

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Perfect timing, thanks. Am heading there 14 October, and have done minimal research so far, so please keep it coming. :-)

#2 Posted: 2/10/2013 - 05:42

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Just got the first of the Yangon accommodation on -- a lot more to come, but now, bed. :-)

#3 Posted: 2/10/2013 - 09:43

• busylizzy

Joined Travelfish
    31st December, 2007
    Location New Zealand
    Total reviews: 20
    Places visited:
    At least 107

Awesome.. I see that there are few more areas now in the PDF guide section which is all good stuff.

A suggestion.... how about a 'suggested itinerary'? Yes, I know that's a sign of me being lazy - but I do fine them a useful starting point, and in particular, find the 'at a glance' travel times table at the bottom useful!

Cepat, cepat! :-)

#4 Posted: 2/10/2013 - 23:48

• Arsenico

Joined Travelfish
    5th May, 2011

Fantastic timing! I feel super lucky as I'll be heading to Burma myself in November.

somtam2000 - as I extensively used this site to plan my first Asian trip a couple of years ago, I'd be more than happy to "give something back" in the shape of a beer or four.
    Let's see if our paths cross.

Also seconding busylizzy's "suggested itinerary for Burma" request :)

#5 Posted: 3/10/2013 - 07:45

• somtam2000

admin
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Arsenico & busylizzy - yes some suggested itineraries on the way -- maybe late next week.

A beer or four sounds fab -- I'm in Burma the last three weeks of November and start of December so I hope to take you up on that offer :-)

More accommodation is now online -- for Chaung Tha Beach and Ngwe Saung Beach -- today hope to get Pyay and Bagan up (if the kids leave me in peace!

Cheers

#6 Posted: 4/10/2013 - 18:03

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Suggestions for serene Thai/Burma beach town destination? ... By callarda on 21 May 2010 17 5049 11 Jun 2010
Deatils on the now open Thailand Burma border crossings ... By somtam2000 on 29 Aug 2013 0 730 29 Aug 2013