Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum

Burma destination guide now open

Posted by somtam2000 on 2/10/2013 at 05:10 admin

Just a quick note to let you know we've opened the first part of our Burma (Myanmar) coverage within the destination guide. At the moment it is just the overview pieces, but the details hotel & guesthouse, restaurant and sights reviews will be appearing later this week.

It's by no means comprehensive -- yet -- but we'll be building more coverage in soon -- we've another month-long trip there commencing in November when we'll be covering Mandalay and more.

Happy planning!

#1 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by busylizzy on 2/10/2013 at 05:42

Perfect timing, thanks. Am heading there 14 October, and have done minimal research so far, so please keep it coming. :-)

#2 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by somtam2000 on 2/10/2013 at 09:43 admin

Just got the first of the Yangon accommodation on -- a lot more to come, but now, bed. :-)

#3 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436
 Where has somtam2000 been?   Website   Twitter   Facebook    Flickr    Google+   Instagram   Pinterest 

Posted by busylizzy on 2/10/2013 at 23:48

Awesome.. I see that there are few more areas now in the PDF guide section which is all good stuff.

A suggestion.... how about a 'suggested itinerary'? Yes, I know that's a sign of me being lazy - but I do fine them a useful starting point, and in particular, find the 'at a glance' travel times table at the bottom useful!

Cepat, cepat! :-)

#4 busylizzy has been a member since 31/12/2007. Location: New Zealand. Posts: 2,155
 Where has busylizzy been? 

Posted by Arsenico on 3/10/2013 at 07:45

Fantastic timing! I feel super lucky as I'll be heading to Burma myself in November.

somtam2000 - as I extensively used this site to plan my first Asian trip a couple of years ago, I'd be more than happy to "give something back" in the shape of a beer or four.
Let's see if our paths cross.

Also seconding busylizzy's "suggested itinerary for Burma" request :)

#5 Arsenico has been a member since 5/5/2011. Posts: 4

Posted by somtam2000 on 4/10/2013 at 18:03 admin

Arsenico & busylizzy - yes some suggested itineraries on the way -- maybe late next week.

A beer or four sounds fab -- I'm in Burma the last three weeks of November and start of December so I hope to take you up on that offer :-)

More accommodation is now online -- for Chaung Tha Beach and Ngwe Saung Beach -- today hope to get Pyay and Bagan up (if the kids leave me in peace!

Cheers

#6 somtam2000 has been a member since 21/1/2004. Location: Indonesia. Posts: 7,436

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.