Burma forum

Getting a Burmese visa in Bangkok

• Harry05

Joined Travelfish
    9th September, 2007

Already did some research about getting a Burmese visa in Bangkok, but still have some questions also about recent experiences someone might have.
    Will arrive in the weekend (sunday) of december 7th-8th, and want to enter Myanmar on thursday december 12th (and I know dec.10th is a Thai public holiday on which the embassy will be closed). I know it will be high season and also I need to have a ticket leaving Myanmar (which I will have at that time). My questions:

* What would you recommend queue up very early (like 7 am) or go to the embassy at a time like 11 am when there is likely to be no queue anymore?
    * Do they have a maximum (limit) applying for a visa in one day, which would mean I have to go early?
    * The shop mentioned close to the embassy is also open on Sunday, which would mean I could get the forms, make photos on Sunday?
    * Applying for the visa on monday morning, I will be shure to get my visa on wednesday afternoon (even if the embassy is closed on Tuesday)?

Thanks answering,

Harry

#1 Posted: 2/10/2013 - 08:16

• Advertisement

• somtam2000

admin
    Click here to learn more about somtam2000
    Joined Travelfish
    21st January, 2004
    Location Indonesia
    Total reviews: 24
    Places visited:
    At least 113

Hi Harry,

Not sure if you have seen this write up on it but in answer to your questions:

1) I got there at 8am, took about 30 minutes to get in and file paperwork - was no big deal.
    2) I don't know. A good reason to go early!
    3) Don't know if the shop is open on a Sunday, but the embassy is closed, so is kinda irrelevant. The shop was open at 8am on the weekday I went.
    4) I would say yes. No guarantees of course -- I got a next day service, which cost around 1,000 baht, but I met other travellers who got a same day service due to flight considerations - I'm not sure if they paid more.

It's worth pointing out I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly -- so I think if you explain your situation they'll do their best to help you out.

If I was you I'd get there first thing Monday morning and just pay the extra for a next day service.

Hope that helps

#2 Posted: 2/10/2013 - 09:34

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.