Getting a Burmese visa in Bangkok
9th September, 2007
Already did some research about getting a Burmese visa in Bangkok, but still have some questions also about recent experiences someone might have.
Will arrive in the weekend (sunday) of december 7th-8th, and want to enter Myanmar on thursday december 12th (and I know dec.10th is a Thai public holiday on which the embassy will be closed). I know it will be high season and also I need to have a ticket leaving Myanmar (which I will have at that time). My questions:
* What would you recommend queue up very early (like 7 am) or go to the embassy at a time like 11 am when there is likely to be no queue anymore?
* Do they have a maximum (limit) applying for a visa in one day, which would mean I have to go early?
* The shop mentioned close to the embassy is also open on Sunday, which would mean I could get the forms, make photos on Sunday?
* Applying for the visa on monday morning, I will be shure to get my visa on wednesday afternoon (even if the embassy is closed on Tuesday)?
#1 Posted: 2/10/2013 - 08:16
21st January, 2004
Total reviews: 24
At least 113
Not sure if you have seen this write up on it but in answer to your questions:
1) I got there at 8am, took about 30 minutes to get in and file paperwork - was no big deal.
2) I don't know. A good reason to go early!
3) Don't know if the shop is open on a Sunday, but the embassy is closed, so is kinda irrelevant. The shop was open at 8am on the weekday I went.
4) I would say yes. No guarantees of course -- I got a next day service, which cost around 1,000 baht, but I met other travellers who got a same day service due to flight considerations - I'm not sure if they paid more.
It's worth pointing out I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly -- so I think if you explain your situation they'll do their best to help you out.
If I was you I'd get there first thing Monday morning and just pay the extra for a next day service.
Hope that helps
#2 Posted: 2/10/2013 - 09:34
Add your reply
You need to be logged in to add a reply.
Not a member? you can join here.