Getting Burma visa in KL - return ticket required? And other qns!
I will be heading to KL early next week to get my visa for Burma. I've got 2.5 days there - one day to get paperwork sorted/printed and to get USD, one day to drop off application, and one day to pick it up (although I am hopeful that I may be able to pick it up same day).
I understand that I will need some or all of the following:
- A passport with six months of validity
- A photocopy of your passport
- Two passport-sized photos
- A completed visa application form
- A completed employment history (?)
- A printed itinerary (?)
- 110 MYR
QUESTIONS - preferably to be answered by someone who has gone through the process fairly recently...
1. Is there a website to download the application form? (Haven't found one yet...)
2. Employment history - really? Is this just info that I fill in on the application form, or do I need to type/print something up ahead of time? (I understand the need to avoid saying I'm a journalist, etc).
3. Do I need proof of an exit ticket when applying for the visa? ( I'm not sure if I want to exit from Rangoon or Mandalay yet...)
4. Is the printed itinerary really required? Is this just an exit ticket - or do they need a breakdown of where I think I will go? I have also read that this may only be for urgent applications to prove that you have an impending flight... not sure?!
5. Is the current fee still 110MYR? Will they take USD? (I understand they no longer have the dual fee structure for express/normal processing)
6. I will need to get a wheelbarrow full of USD cash somewhere in KL - presumably I will use my credit card to withdraw the cash as I suspect there will be a limit as to how much I can get on my ATM card and won't have time to make multiple withdrawals. Any suggestions on best banks? (somewhere close to KL Sentral or the Burma embassy, or near a train line).
#1 Posted: 12/10/2013 - 05:36
PS - Will be happy to provide a complete update on the process, how to find the embassy, and other tips once I get mine!
#2 Posted: 12/10/2013 - 05:38
15th October, 2013
Did you find a way?
I'm going there in a few weeks..
#3 Posted: 15/10/2013 - 18:24
Yes, I did. But it's important to note that you no longer need to go to the Myanmar Embassy (as of 14 Octobe 2013 - 2 days ago!!). I will post new details in a separate thread shortly.
#4 Posted: 15/10/2013 - 21:18
Full information on the process and new location is > here
#5 Posted: 15/10/2013 - 21:54
Add your reply
You need to be logged in to add a reply.
Not a member? you can join here.
|Possibly related discussions||Replies||Views||Latest reply|
|Return Ticket, E-Visa ...||3||1110||14 Apr 2015|
|Outbound Air Ticket Required? ...||4||3276||16 May 2011|
|Siem Reap - Bangkok..Onward ticket required?!! ...||3||3038||27 Jun 2011|
|Will I be turned away if i arrive with no return ticket? ...||10||8330||25 Apr 2011|
|yes you need a return ticket to enter thailand ...||28||12379||27 Feb 2013|
|Problems entering vietnam without a return ticket out of vietnam? ...||6||2815||29 Aug 2013|
|Transit visa in BKK required?? ...||1||1272||5 Feb 2014|