IMPT: New location for getting Burma visa in KL as of 14 Oct 2013!
As of October 14 2013, the Myanmar / Burma tourist visa processing services have now been outsourced to Ever Fine Travel & Tour (very close to the Masjid Jarmek LRT station) in Kuala Lumpur.
You NO LONGER go to the Myanmar Embassy on Jalan Ampang Hilir.
The good news:
- the new location is much easier to get to, and find.
- they will process your visa on same day! Drop off in morning (9.30-12.30) and pickup in afternoon (4-5pm). That gives you time to do a bit of sight-seeing while you wait.
The bad news:
- the cost is now 140 MYR - and now includes a 30 MYR service fee.
To get there:
- Go to the Masjid Jarmek LRT station. (I'm unsure which exit as I arrived by taxi from the embassy).
- Find the Coffee Box shop on the corner of Jalan Tun Perak and Leboh Ampang. (50m or less from the LRT exit)
- Facing the Coffee Box, walk one door to the right to find the entrance to the Happy Holiday Hotel. Go into the lobby and into the lift. (There is also a big sign indicating that this is the entrance to Ever Fine Travel & Tours).
- Go up one level to Floor M in the elevator.
I arrived at 9.00 am and there was no one there so I was served immediately. They gave me the application form to fill in. (Details included name, address (home, KL and Myanmar), passport details, father's name, height, hair colour, eye colour complexion, profession).
They requested the following:
- the application form
- two photos
- one photocopy of my passport
- one photocopy of my exit ticket
- 140 MYR
and they gave me my receipt and told me to come back between 4-5pm. A very simple and pleasant process in a nice modern office.
This link for Happy Holiday Hotel gives you an idea of what the Coffee Box corner looks like!
#1 Posted: 15/10/2013 - 21:51
Here is a photo of the flyer that was sitting on the counter at the Myanmar Embassy this morning.
#2 Posted: 15/10/2013 - 21:51
Thanks for the report back and glad to hear you'll be getting a visa afterall!
#3 Posted: 15/10/2013 - 22:02
You have no idea how happy I am right now, as I kill time drinking a bottomless cup of coffee at McD's across the road!
This new same-day service has saved me losing a NZD$200 flight plus the cost of a new flight, AND the hassle of having to commute the next day from LCCT Tunes back to the embassy AND an extra night at Tunes.
I am one happy camper right now!
#4 Posted: 15/10/2013 - 22:14
15th October, 2013
Great news busy lizzy and thanks for the report -very helpful!
I'm flying to Thailand where I want to get a visa to Myanmar but I don't have a return ticket...
Do you think it's gonna be a problem?
#5 Posted: 16/10/2013 - 05:42
Yep I do. They specifically asked for mine.
#6 Posted: 16/10/2013 - 17:32
Some other points I forgot to mention:
- they have a photo service available if you don't have passport photos (10 MYR)
- there is a photocopy shop across the road from the CoffeeBox if you need to get stuff copied. (Don't know if they do printing from USB though...)
- there is also a money changer around the corner from the Photocopy shop.
- the passports are still sent to the embassy for processing. When I went back at 4pm to pick my up there was a delay of 20 minutes because they hadn't arrived.
- hang on to you receipt as they call out the receipt number to hand the passports back out (not your name).
#7 Posted: 17/10/2013 - 04:34
15th November, 2013
Messaging not enabled.
Thanks for this post busylizzy!
Came very handy and right on time. Got my visa sorted in less than 5 hours!
For those who are planning to apply with them in KL, please note, even though I have explained that I'm planing to enter Burma overland from Tachilek and return flying from Yangon to BKK (thus had only one way ticket out of the country), they still insisted that I have to submit both flight tickets in and out of Burma.
#8 Posted: 15/11/2013 - 04:35
Add your reply
You need to be logged in to add a reply.
Not a member? you can join here.
|Possibly related discussions||Replies||Views||Latest reply|
|1 Month Burma 15th Sep 2013 to 17 Oct 2013 ...||5||666||7 Sep 2013|