Photo: Temple outside Monywa.

Burma forum

Cheap Hostels in Myanmar? (Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan and Inle Lake)

Posted by Spasmic on 12/1/2014 at 09:30

Hey backpackers,

I am traveling to Myanmar tomorrow and wondering if anyone had any experiences with relatively cheap hostels in Myanmar. I definitely plan on going to Inle Lake, Bagan, Mandalay and Yangon. I am open to suggestions for other places but any recommended hostels in these or other cities are greatly appreciate.

Thank you!

Justin

#1 Spasmic has been a member since 15/8/2013. Posts: 2

Posted by exacto on 12/1/2014 at 12:14

Justin,

Somtam2000 recently did a trip report for his travels through Burma. One of the things he mentioned is that accommodation is not cheap there, and that you'll usually get above Thailand prices for below Laos standards. Because of that, you may need to bump up your accommodation budget so you can still be comfortable and enjoy yourself.

Sorry I don't have specific suggestions, but you can read Somtam's report here:

http://www.travelfish.org/board/post/burma/23763_burma-trip-report

There are always the accommodations listings pages on Travelfish, and checking with other travellers once you arrive to see what they can tell you.

Best wishes.

#2 exacto has been a member since 12/2/2006. Location: United States. Posts: 2,632
 Where has exacto been? 

Please login to add a reply

You need to be a Travelfish member to be able to add a reply to this post. Please use the button below to log in. After logging in you'll be returned to this page automatically to add your post. Not a member? Join up here.