Want to ride on the back of my bike from Thailand across Burma into India?
17th January, 2014
I am presently riding my Triumph Tiger800XC around the World, and have so far completed N America, Australia &NZ, East Timor, Indonesia, Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos and Thailand.
Not wanting to fly my bike now I am backon dry land, I have finally managed to organise a reliable tour guide, leadingcar and a supervisor from the Ministry of Hotels & Tourism to take meacross Burma from Myawaddy to Tamu.
However, the only problem is the price,and to reduce it I need to find at least 4 other motorcycle riders or cardrivers to do it with me. I even haveroom on the back of my bike for one backpacker Iâ€™ll willing to take. If you are interested, please read on!
1. Price will be $1,674 USD per person(minimum 5 people), paid cash on arrival into Burma. This will include everything except forfuel. It will include permission &royalty fees to the Ministry of Tourism, leading escort car fees, allaccommodation & catering fees (breakfast, lunch, dinner and tea breaks),third party liability insurance, temporary importation & driving licencefees, tour guide and entrance for all sightseeing tours. Iâ€™m aware there are people offering cheapertrips, but I know this guy has been successful and I think the trip soundsawesome.
2. Tour will last 9 days/ 8 nights andinclude major tourist attractions along the way. Itinerary below:
D-1, Myawaddy to Kyaiktiyo Pagoda (well-knownBuddhist pilgrimage site with a gravity-defying granite boulder covered withgold leaves, precariously perched on a â€˜strand of the Buddha's hairâ€™). Leg is 270 km (30 km of poor roads), ridetime approx 7 to 8 hours. Night in mountain top hotel.
D-2, Kyaiktiyo Pagoda to Taungoo. Leg is 280km, roads are good, ride time 6 to7 hrs. Night in hotel.
D-3, Taungoo to Mandalay. Leg is 370 km, roads are good, ride time 8hrs. Night in hotel.
D-4, Mandalay â€“ full day sightseeing tour(includes mini bus for the whole day). Night in hotel.
D-5, Mandalay to Bagan (ancient city of 11AD, full of things to be seen). Eveningsightseeing tour. Night in hotel.
D-6, Bagan - full day sightseeing tour onâ€˜e-motorbikesâ€™. Night in hotel.
D-7, Bagan to Monywa. Leg is 120 kms, ride time 2.5 hrs. Evening sightseeing tour to the highestBuddha statue in the world. Night in hotel.
D-8, Monywa to Kale. Leg is 230 kms (80 km poor roads), ride timeup to 10 hrs. Night in hotel.
D-9, Kale to Tamu. Leg is 160 km, good roads, ride time 3.5 hrs. Cross Indian border into Moreh.
3. Not many people have successfullytravelled across Burma from Thailand into India, so we will be making history!(kind ofâ€¦)
4. All ride times are conservative &will of course depend on us!
5. A Carnet de Passage is not required inThailand or Burma, but it is essential in India. Third Party Insurance is also compulsory inIndia (contact Western Indian Automobile Association http://www.wiaaindia.com/motor-insurance ). For those without their own bike an optioncould be to buy a cheap one in Thailand or Malaysia and leave it at the Indianborder (maybe sell it?), unless you can get a Carnet for it.
6. My contact successfully recently ledthe group of Thais across and a couple of car convoys, and he used to work atthe Ministry of Tourism. He will meet usat Myawaddy and has contacts on the Indian border to aid our crossing. Relaxations in travel across Manipur andNagaland (India) mean we can ride straight in on arrival.
7. Aimed start date into Myawaddy fromMae Sot is 19 Feb. We could all meet inChiang Mai around 18 Feb.
I really hope I find enough people asthis trip sounds amazing! If youâ€™reinterested or want to know more, please email me at chrisnbowen at gmail dotcom.
Hope to see you soon!
#1 Posted: 17/1/2014 - 13:01
Add your reply
You need to be logged in to add a reply.
Not a member? you can join here.
|Possibly related discussions||Replies||Views||Latest reply|
|Northern Thailand in and out of Burma and back to BKK ...||0||118||28 Jan 2015|
|Travelling via Burma from Thailand NE India ...||6||4234||6 Aug 2011|
|Back packing from India to Japan and back ...||1||1061||18 Dec 2011|
|Bike ride through Cambodia ...||0||2256||10 Apr 2009|
|Does anyone here ride a real bike? ...||10||2491||15 Sep 2011|
|Vietnam Motor Bike Ride - Ho Chi Minh to Hanoi ...||3||3719||16 Nov 2009|
|Smooth ride back to Bangkok from Siem Reap? ...||2||2533||30 Nov 2009|
|Burma to India - overland? ...||2||661||11 Dec 2014|