Burma forum

One week to spend in Burma at the end of March. Suggestions?

• jbreyfogle

Joined Travelfish
    23rd January, 2014

Hey I'm visiting the girl I'm dating at the end of March. She is in Malaysia currently but we want to spend her week off in March in Burma.

I'm obviously going to do more research, but I just wanted to get suggestions on where to go for the week. I imagine we would only stay in one or two places during that week.

Definitely looking for places with lots of nature to explore, beaches (not necessary though, would go some where mainland), lots of culture to explore.

We are in early 20s btw.

If you could suggest a few places that would be wonderful [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img] Many thanks.

#1 Posted: 24/1/2014 - 11:55

• Advertisement

• htun1997

Joined Travelfish
    15th November, 2011

@jbreyfogle

According your idea you would like the main culture that Bagan is main place to see . So if you fly or take bus there you need to explore 2 days more and then Inle lake is better Nature Beauty.

so see about my suggestion with in your date.

1.. Yangon Arrival

2. Yangon-Bagan by flight

3..Bagan

4.Bagan

5.Bagan-Heho-Inle by flight

6.Inle Explore by Boat

7. Inle-Heho-Yangon by flight

If you have time over week you should stay overnight in Yangon before you depart. Here please note if you have only week the last day you fly from Inle-Heho-Yangon and then take connect flight to depart. If you do like it might be risk and you have to make sure for domestic flight at noon and connection flight might be evening.

Have a nice trip

#2 Posted: 29/1/2014 - 12:00

• dannyjacob

Joined Travelfish
    10th February, 2014

I think you can spend your time in Yangon, its vicinity and Inle lake areas to discover as much nature as you desire, before you lay back in a beach which I recommend Ngapali Beach.

Hope this helps you some.
    Danny

#3 Posted: 10/2/2014 - 09:27

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Where to spend Christmas in Burma? ... By elgeras on 4 Nov 2009 5 4137 31 Aug 2011
Where to spend New Years Eve in Burma/Myanmar ... By jimp41 on 29 Sep 2013 2 1293 2 Oct 2013
If you could spend 10 days on the coast of Burma.. ... By jbreyfogle on 3 Feb 2014 2 831 19 Feb 2014
How much money will i spend on average in a week? ... By benmogl on 14 Apr 2011 1 2733 14 Apr 2011
One week to spend on main land from ko samui to the Malaysian border , where to go ? ASAP ... By Winstan on 15 Jul 2012 7 1929 22 Jul 2012
Burma. Any suggestions? ... By SBE on 14 Sep 2009 6 3629 6 Aug 2011