Burma forum

Flight from Yangon to Mandalay

• jbrey99

Joined Travelfish
    20th May, 2014

Anyone have any flight info on Yangon to Mandalay?

I hear Air Bagan is the best, and searched that they have flights at 6am and 8am. But I'm unsure of the cost for a one way ticket for one person. Do you arrange this the day before with a travel agent?

Thank you!

#1 Posted: 22/5/2014 - 11:40

• Advertisement

• dannyjacob

Joined Travelfish
    10th February, 2014

The other reputable names include Yangon Airways, Air Mandalay. The departure time is almost the same as the one scheduled by Air Bagan. Yes the agent can help you book the tickets but I would rather buy them in advance just to avoid any potential trouble.

#2 Posted: 22/5/2014 - 11:57

• Heidiho

Joined Travelfish
    22nd May, 2014

I booked flights through a major travel agency in Yangon the day before....Yangon- Bagan -Heho-Yangon. I wanted to book Air Bagan but was told it was "no more", so I was booked on Asian Wings Airlines. Turning up at the airport, we checked in to the Asian wings counter....and noticed a few French tourists checking in to the Air Bagan counter!! (Keep your sense of humour at all times!)We were told to be at the airport 4 hours prior! Crazy huh? Well, the plane turned up 2 hours before and it was chaotic! We were rushed out to the plane with much urgency, the plane barely stopped! On the flight from Bagan to Heho, we had barely got in the air, when the plane started to descend. We were the only two passengers! I asked the stewardess what we were doing, and she replied " we go to Mandalay for petrol". We had the same stewardess on all three flights, they were fun, interesting flights.
    This was travel in 2011.

#3 Posted: 22/5/2014 - 17:00

Have questions? Jump to our menu of forum quicklinks

Add your reply

Your reply

Check this box if you want to be notified of replies.

Please be familiar with our user guidelines before you post. Thanks!

Businesses planning on plugging their guesthouse / hotel / karaoke bar should read our "Addition guidelines" very carefully.

You need to be logged in to answer an existing post on the Travelfish forums. Please login via the prompts just above and refresh this screen -- before writing your post -- and you'll be in business.

Possibly related discussions Replies  Views  Latest reply
Yangon to Bagan/Mandalay night bus ... By aik_yong2002 on 20 Aug 2013 1 5358 27 Aug 2013
Extra day in Yangon and overnight trip from Mandalay ... By pete61 on 23 Sep 2013 7 1672 1 Dec 2013
Cheap Hostels in Myanmar? (Yangon, Mandalay, Bagan and Inle Lake) ... By Spasmic on 12 Jan 2014 1 1940 12 Jan 2014